Read data from Ethernet or from a file.log

Hello, I have a device that sends data trough the ethernet cable to my computer, using TCP. Weel, I have to get that data and write in another application. I have the problem that I don’t know how can I get that data directly from the ethernet. I think that probably with “Invoke code” or something like that.

If that is too difficult, there is another option that is read from a .log file. But Uipath doesn’t open that type of files, even it can be open with Notepad, Uipath don’t read it to get from there the data while the device is writting in it.

Thanks

@abedeon

You can check with your network admins, how they are logging data, I hope they are using putty to execute the commands, try to get those, so that you can try

Hope this helps

Thanks

Can you explain that a bit more?

@abedeon

Is your network admins are doing the same before with some commands to get the log? How the log file is created and who?

Thanks

It is created by the software of the device, but I don’t know how to know how it is created

@abedeon

OK, you can search for command lines commands of the device

Search in device help manual, with that you can get i believe

Thanks

I will try, but I don’t know so much about what are you saying so anything could happen…