Read CSV not returning anything

I am working on “Members Only.csv” provided as part of
Lesson 3 in Academy.
Read CSV activity does not return anything when I try to see the output using WriteLine or Message Box activity. I tried changing delimiters, still doesn’t work.

1 Like

Can u share the CSV?

1 Like

I get a message… new users cannot upload attachments

1 Like

I have downloaded it from the academy /learn/course/372/play/2585/lesson-3-practice-1-outline.
Had to mask the link as it would not let me post a link either.

1 Like

Hi @neetika.kapoor
Have You Used For each loop To see the items in the Csv file? If not then use the for each loop and give the output of Read Csv activity To the for each loop. and to display the item you can use item(Index of Column or Column Name).
Thanks & Regards

1 Like

Since the output of csv file mentioned is a datatable use for each loop to get the output. Hope this helps

1 Like

@jitendra_123, for each worked.

I now assign it to a variable clubMembers of type DataRow[ ] (with 2 square brackets) using Assign activity. Value is names.Select("[Club Member]= ‘Yes’"). The error message is
Assign: Cannot find column [Club Member].

I have verified and the column exists in CSV.

Type for clubMembers is showing as DataRow[ ]. If I change it to DataRow, i get the following validation error:

1 Like

Hi @neetika.kapoor
Check You are Mentioning The “Club Member” Is matching with the club member column in the CSV File.
Thanks & Regards

1 Like

verified in CSV, the column exists

1 Like

Hi @neetika.kapoor
The type of The variable ClubMembers should be Array Of DataRow.

I did that…

So what Error you are getting now Or its working?

The error message is
Assign: Cannot find column [Club Member].

Can you Share Your workflow?

Hi @neetika.kapoor
Find the below workflow it will work for you.
Thanks & Regards
NeetikaTask.xaml (6.7 KB)

It works, but I am not able to understand what was wrong

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.