Read 3 column from an excel file, concatenate them as strings and write them into another app

Hello guys, can you please help me with some ideas how can I use uipath to read 3 columns from an excel file in the same time and concatenate its rows as a string, then write them into another app. Thank you!

Hello Ionut,

That’s easy enough. You’d use a Read Range activity to get the information out of Excel. You would then create your strings, potentially adding them to a List type collection, by going through the rows with something like a For Each Row activity and using Invoke Method to Add them by doing something like String.Format("{2}, {0} {1}.", rows("first").ToString, rows("middle").ToString, rows("last").ToString)

You would then have to take those String values and add it to your app one at a time most likely. I cannot really give you much help there because I would need more information regarding the application that you intend to add them to.

Hi @Ionut_Frincu,

You have tow options. I don’t know which one is suitable for you.

First one.

• Do the for each row loop.
  • Inside you concatenate the values like this strValue= String.join(“,”,Row.itemArray)

Second one.

• After read the data from excel into the Datatable.
  • Use Output Data Table, it will return it as csv format.
  • To know about it below here.

Regards
Balamurugan.S

Thank you mate for your response. Can you please give me an example or sample how strValue= String.join(“,”,Row.itemArray) should be used inside the for each loop. Sorry but I am pretty new to uipath. Thank you!

1 Like

Hi @Ionut_Frincu,

Here is the sample with screen shot.

Sample :

Ionut_Frincu.zip (17.0 KB)

Regards
Balamurugan.S

Thank you very much my friend, I appreciate. I would also need another suggestion how can I tell my uipath script to check if one of the column is changing its value at a point and if yes, then should send an email. Thanks!

1 Like