RE Framework -- >Access the "Orchestrator Queue Name" from config.xlsx directly and donot override it in studio

In RE Framework , we access the “Orchestrator Queue name” from config.xlsx and store it in a Dictionary variable “config” then what is the need of overwriting this “Queue” name in the studio. Whatever queue name we want to give…why not replace in excel directly??
What is the need of hard coding the queue name in the studio?

@rrenu59
There is no need of hard coding the queue name in studio.
Please refer the screenshot for right way of accessing the Queue name from config file.

By the way, Can you share the screen shot for hard coding the queue name?

The screenshot that you have shared is after overriding the default "OrchestratorQueueName " in Init state.

@rrenu59
Could you please explain bit more what exactly you want or want to say?
If possible please share screeshots.

Say for an example, if I’m giving the Orchestratorqueue name in “config.xlsx” to “FirstQueue” and in “init” state I’m reassigning the Orchestratorqueuename to “SecondQueue” then what is the need of giving the name in config.xlsx and it is overridden in InitAllApplications.xaml file -->FirstRun

Hi @rrenu59

Sometimes when we are running the bot from orchestrator, we may need to required to change the queue , since it is running from orchestrator, we cannot be able to edit the config file, so better way to change the queue is via use of arguments in orchestrator, as u run the process from orchestrator, u can input values to process via arguments, so in_OrchestratorQueueName argument is used.

the condition Not String.IsNullOrWhiteSpace(in_OrchestratorQueueName) checks whether the
in_OrchestratorQueueName is null or not, if it is null it means we had not provide any values to argument so it will not overwrite the value in Config dictionary for queue by the assign activity. Otherwise if values is provided, then it will overwrite that by using assign activity.

Hope you got the idea

Regards,
Nived N
Happy Automation

Hi Nived,

Thank you so much for detailed explanation. I understood the first paragraph.

I have 2 questions here.

1. Every time , the init state is executed, the complete data is loaded into config.xlsx which means “OrchestratorQueueName” is also loaded. Then in which case it can hold null value.
    2)When the “queuename” from config.xlsx is overridden every time it is loaded into Dictionary then what is the point of accessing this value from excel??

Sorry If my understanding is wrong somewhere.

Regards,
Renuka

Hi @rrenu59

in_OrchestratorQueueName is the argument passing to the workflow in the orchestrator, it is not the value retrieved from config.xlsx file. Value retreived from excel is Config(OrchestratorQueueName).ToString

So the meaning of condition Not String.IsNullOrWhiteSpace(in_OrchestratorQueueName) is that it is checking whether the argument has certain value, if it has certain value then it implies that from orchestrator , queue name is inputted via the in_OrchestratorQueueName and then the
Config(OrchestratorQueueName).ToString is assigned with value of in_OrchestratorQueueName

Like this in then section
Config(OrchestratorQueueName).ToString = in_OrchestratorQueueName

I think you got the logic

Regards,
Nived N

Happy Automation

1 Like

Hi Nived,

Thank you so much !!!
Now I get the point clearly.

Regards,
Renuka

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.