Range giving query

Hi, Just want to know is it the right way to defined range, If I want to set all records from A1 cell to till AZ for all the row no metter if it’s single or multiple rows.

Yes it is @balkishan

If you give the range as “”, then it will entire data right no matter how many columns or rows it have

1 Like

Can you show me how? so " " is it different from my method?? Please write here and show me,
how can I show in " " ??

Here it is

1 Like

Ohh you meant in Read Range, understood

yeah, if you want to read a specific range, you need to mention the range, but if you want to read the entire data, better to pass the range as above screenshot

1 Like

This is also a right way na.

bcz it will select from A1 and till end right ???

That I understood!

@balkishan

Use “A1:AZ”+(Rowcount +1).tostring
Rows.count will exclude the header

Thanks,
Suresh J

why you add +1 in RowCount?

1 Like

Yes, it is @balkishan

1 Like

@balkishan

If you are Getting the row count using Datatable like Datatable.rows.count it will count data only exclude Header so including Header we can add +1.

Thanks,
Suresh J

1 Like

we can do this way also na Suresh??

If we want to include the header?

BTW why are we including header? bcz we don’t need header right?

@HareeshMR

If you are doing it by reading the data and then checking with dt.rows.count, it will give you only the data count excluding the headers count. so you need to increase by 1 for including the header count. But if you read with empty range with ADD HEADERS checked, then it will give you the full range

2 Likes

That’s nice information, Thanks :slight_smile:

@balkishan

Yes, we can add +1 before also if you want the header.

No need to add +1 if you uncheck the add headers.

while pasting formula to specific range we can use this and while reading specific range when we checked the header.

Thanks,
Suresh J

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.