When accessing the Orchestrator URL, error " 404 Not Found " encountered. How to resolve?
"404 Not Found" error occurs when URL is redirecting to the wrong server.
- Verify FQDN with IP
- Verify the FQDN for the Orchestrator Sever and IP address are properly associated by using ping from the client machine.
Update the local host entry manually, to redirect the request to the Orchestrator server
- Press the Windows+r Type drivers and Hit enter.
- Type Notepad in the search field.
- In the search results, right-click Notepad and select Run as administrator.
- From Notepad, open the host file:
- \etc\hosts Make the necessary changes to the file.
- IP address tab Host name example
- Select File > Save to save the changes made.
Make the DNS host entry in the DNS server to point the URL to the Orchestrator server. (reach out to internal IT team)
- Start the DNS Manager (Start - Programs - Administrative Tools - DNS Manager)
- Double click on the name of the DNS server to display the list of zones
- Right click on the domain, and select New Record
- Enter the name, e.g. Orchestrator enter IP address. Select the record type. For adding a new host accept the default, record type A.
- If the Reverse Arpa zone is configured and want the PTR record automatically added, make sure the Create Associated PTR record is checked
- Click OK