Queue trigger - Execution target

The queue trigger is a very nice feature when queue items are populated from a 3rd party source. However it seems to be using whatever robot is available when a queue item triggers the process to run. But it is not necessarily all robots that have the same permissions.

It would be a great feature if an execution target could be added to the trigger as well like it is possible for the time based triggers where one can select All Robots, Specific Robots and Allocate Dynamically.

When you create a trigger the pool of available robots is based on the Process that you are selecting and which Environment it was associated with. If a set of Robots does not have the same permissions or configurations to run any given process in that environment, they probably shouldn’t be in the same environment otherwise you are going to run into sporadic problems.

2 Likes

I guess it depends on how you are using the environments (?) And you have the option to select a specific robot for time based triggers - I guess it would also make sense to have the same option for queue based triggers.

Hi,
Thank you for your suggestion. I added it to our internal ideas tracker for our team to consider.

The paradigm that we’re trying to bring is that any robot in the environment can run any process. This will evolve further when we’ll introduce unattended on top of the folders.

Therefore, you should create environments with identical robots.

In 20.4, in the folder paradigm you will be able to select the user but not the machine.

1 Like

And in the real world, that’s not going to work. That’s what everyone here is trying to explain to UiPath. There are many reasons why we NEED to be able to select a specific Robot, or specific Robots, within a Trigger. The way Robot selection in Time Triggers works is great. That’s what we need. OPTIONS. Not you dictating how we do things.

That’s terrible. Honestly it sounds like you need some people on your staff who have extensive experience in real-world usage of your products. You are taking away important options. You should never take options away from your users, you should always add more.

This topic has been discussed a lot on your forums, and it seems like you aren’t listening to your users.

1 Like

For yourself and other future readers, you are now able to Target specific Accounts and Specific Machines or Machine Templates when defining your Queue Trigger. I believe this was introduced in 2021

Which Machines or Templates is determined by those assigned to the Modern Folder.
The same principle applies Classic Folders & Environments vs Modern Folders & Templates, if a collection of Users or Machines are grouped together, they should have the same capabilities otherwise they should be in distinct Folders or Environments.

Hi!

There is still an issue with this. Now you are able to select ONE user or ANY (dynamic location). However, I wasn’t able to select specific robots/users when we need more than one but not all of them, or maybe I’m missing something.

The only solution I came up with was creating a separated folder for my process and adding the users I want. Then I can select ANY robot/user.

I’m not sure if there is a “native” way to do that.

Regards,