Questions about Software Requirements in the documentation of the Studio User Guide

Hi all.
I just started taking the “Meet the UiPath Platform” course at UiPath Academy.
I clicked the “GO TO DOCS” link of “Hardware and Software Requirements - UiPath Installation and Upgrade Guide” in the Prerequisites section of this course and read the official document article, but I have two questions.

Studio - Hardware and Software Requirements (uipath.com)

Question.1
What does the “N” in Windows 8.1 N, Windows 10 N in the Particularities column mean?

Question.2
The type of Windows Server does not include Windows Server 2022, but is it out of support? When do UiPath will plan to be support? My Hyper-V Windows Server 2022 seems to be working without any problems, but are there any known problems?

Best Regards.

Hi @Hiroaki_Tanaka

The specifications:

→ N refers to a specific edition of te operating systems that were created for the European market as part of a legal settlement between the European Commission and Microsoft.

For your reference:

https://www.quora.com/What-is-Windows-8-1-N#:~:text=Windows%20versions%20with%20the%20“N,functionality%20in%20an%20operating%20system.

→ As for known problems with Hyper-V on Windows Server 2022, it is always a good practice to keep your operating system and software up-to-date with the latest patches and updates to avoid any known issues.

Hope this helps,
Best Regards.

1 Like

@Hiroaki_Tanaka

If you check on the previous version 2022.10 there you can see the Windows server 2022 support

Hope this may help you

Thanks

1 Like

Hi,

Question.1
What does the “N” in Windows 8.1 N, Windows 10 N in the Particularities column mean?

It’s one of regional variations (for EU). Please see the following in details.

Question.2
The type of Windows Server does not include Windows Server 2022, but is it out of support? When do >UiPath will plan to be support? My Hyper-V Windows Server 2022 seems to be working without any >problems, but are there any known problems?

2022.10 support WindowsServer2022 as the following. I think 2023.4 will also support it by Enterprise edition release.

Regards,

1 Like

Thanks all experts @arjunshenoy , @Srini84 , @Yoichi .
I have clarified my questions.

Relese 2022.10
Studio - Hardware and Software Requirements (uipath.com)

1 Like