Question Re: Start Job Activity And Triggers

Hi,

Apologies if this has been asked before but i have searched the forums for answer but cannot seem to find one.

We are currently in the process up updating from 2018 to 2020.10.2 (Big jump) and have been warned about compatibility with the newer Modern Orchestrator and the previous Start Jobs activity.

Whenever we run a process that has the Start Job activity, we run into the error about an invalid process name (previously it was (processname_envionment)
No matter what combination we use, it continues with the same error.

After playing around with orchestrator, I can see the option to create Triggers based on queues, allocate what process to kick off and how many bots to chuck at it, similar to the Start Job process used to.

Is this a replacement going forward (we haven’t touched API calls just yet, though am looking to in the future as a possibility) or am i missing something regarding how Start Job works now?

Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks!

Hi @Kyle_Palmer,
There are a lot of changes since 2018 (for example modern folders which are more ADDS friendly). I assume that you are on Enterprise plan. You can always contact with our Technical Support for any kind of help of if you got an issue :slight_smile: