Publish packages to Orchestrator

Hello,

I’m trying to do the exercise in the Orchestrator. The task is to connect a robot and then publish a process.

I don’t get hold of the difference between Robot and Process? In the instructions it seems like beeing the same thing?

My process should be run unattended, but pick email to get tasks. How is this solved with the Orchestrator, could it be set to just start the robot?

“Process” is essentially the .xaml file(s) you published. After you publish your project, a package is created that you use in Orchestrator to add/provision the process or .xaml project. A good way to remember is that you are designing a “business process”.

“Robot” is essentially a simulation of a human performing the process. It is pretty much controlling the user id on the machine of your choosing, as a human would. A good way to remember is think of Skynet from Terminator and how the robots are physically doing the things that humans did.

Once you have a Robot added in Orchestrator, it will use those credentials and the computer name of the machine to log in remotely and perform all the tasks in the Job that you run. Therefore, it will run unattended. Note that the user id credentials used must have Remote access or Admin authorization for the machine (seek your local IT support for assistance if it does not).

There are various other things to keep in mind with unattended jobs, but I hope this is helpful.

Regards.

“Process” is essentially the .xaml file(s) you published. After you publish your project, a package is created that you use in Orchestrator to add/provision the process or .xaml project. A good way to remember is that you are designing a “business process”.

But will it be a .xaml file or a NUPKG?

When trying to upload a package i get this:

You are correct, your project files will be packaged into a .nupkg file which gets uploaded into Orchestrator.

It appears you are uploading the package correctly, so I am unsure what that error means. But there is one thing you can try.
Close Studio, then Remove the project.json file from the directory of your project. Reopen your .xaml file in Studio and it should recreate the project.json file. Then, publish it and try again with the new .nupkg file. If the .json file is not generated, then try to copy the project.json from another project and edit the file in Notepad with your Main.xaml and Description.

Sorry if I’m too complicated.

Regards.

did try this, same issue.

Could it be how im setting up my robot?

Check if Orchestrator and Studio are 2017 version. If one is 2016 version, that might cause an issue.

How do i check this?

As far as i can see my UiPath Studio is: 2016.2.6404, and Orchestrator (https://academy2016.uipath.com) is: 2016.2.6393

I solved it, used the demo.uipath.com