Publish Community project into licensed Cloud Orchestrator

Hi all.
I got the next question:

Is possible to develop an RPA process under studio with Community license and then publish it to a licensed cloud orchestrator?. I know that studio must be licensed to connect to that orchestrator, but maybe uploading the process as a package file would work. Is any validation or legal term that block the uploading of a package developed under Community license to a licensed orchestrator ?

@Gustavo_Ogueda_Reyes

Community edition studio keeps on updating the versions, also you have to take care of the versions of the packages which you are using

Technically it is possible to possible, In Legal terms I don’t know

Hope this helps you

Thanks

@Srini84 Thanks for your reply. But I need to know this for sure. I need to define my architecture before starting the project. I think if i don’t get this for sure I will have to buy a studio license associated to that orchestrator.

@Gustavo_Ogueda_Reyes

As per the UiPath terms Community Edition is only for Personal / Small sized companies, based upon this you can think

Hope this helps you

Thanks

License wise you will need a Studio license as per the limitations @Srini84 mentioned. If you are a provider, that serves multiple clients, using one license for yourself should be fine, but CE will not work for you here.

@kc-x Thanks for your reply. So… if I am a provider that work with multiple clients, I can get a studio license, then connect it to “x” orchestrator to publish a project. Can I then disconnect my studio license from “x” orchestrator and connect to another “y” orchestrator to publish another project?

This works only via UiPath support as the license has to be imported onto the Orchestrator key. Best way would be to treat your machine as a standalone license. This way you can still connect to Orchestrator and publish processes, but the license remains locally on your device. Therefore you have to check the mark (standalone license), when creating the Robot in Orchestrator.

Man… I am really grateful to your responses. Licensing and its limitations is a little bit complex to understand at first. I am recently preparing myself to be a RPA solution architect. I am the only person at my company doing this so all the hopes are on my shoulders. Thanks a lot and have a nice day !

Thanks for your feedback. Glad to help, feel free to reach out when you need further assistance. Happy automating and all the best for your further steps!

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.