Properties pane and ribbon buttons activate Main document workflow when a floating workflow was already active

I noticed this in previous releases (18.2 was the first version I used) and Still occurring in 18.4.1, running Windows 10.

Steps to reproduce

1. Open two Workflows in the main window
  2. Right click on one Workflow tab, and click Float
  3. With the floating workflow “active”, click Run button on the Design ribbon.

What happens is the workflow file in the Main window becomes active and is invoked. I would expect the floating workflow that was “active” to be invoked.

Workaround
To work around this, I’ve been using the hotkey F5.

A similar issue but with Properties:

Steps to reproduce

1. Open two Workflows in the main window
  2. Right click on one Workflow tab, and click Float
  3. Select a activity in the Main window’s workflow (Make note of the properties panel reflecting this.
  4. Select an activity in the floating window’s workflow (Make note of the properties panel reflecting this.
  5. Click on the Properties panel, or property field

Upon clicking on the properties panel or property field, the properties panel will revert to showing the properties from the selected activity in the Main window’s workflow.

Workaround
There seems to be little scenarios where this will stop occurring. For example, if you float the Properties panel this behavior no longer happens even if you re-dock the properties panel.

There are other action that will make it stop happening, but have not been able to determine what they are as often I multi-task with other applications and the unexpected behavior will stop occurring, but the unexpected behavior can be started again by floating another workflow, or moving the existing floating window to the Main document group and re-floating again.