Project isn't working with unattended robot set via scheduler but works well when executed through studio or robot tray

I have unattended robot to extract data from PDF and Excel files, project works fine when executed through studio and Robot tray but fails when set through scheduler with unattended robot

An ExceptionDetail, likely created by IncludeExceptionDetailInFaults=true, whose value is:
UiPath.Excel.ExcelException: The range does not exist. ----> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Exception from HRESULT: 0x800A03EC
at Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel._Workbook.Save()
at UiPath.Excel.WorkbookApplication.SetRangeColor(String range, Color inputColor)
— End of inner ExceptionDetail stack trace —
at UiPath.Executor.WorkflowRunner.EndExecute(IAsyncResult result)
at UiPath.Core.Activities.InvokeWorkflowFile.EndExecute(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)
at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.System.Activities.IAsyncCodeActivity.FinishExecution(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)
at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.CompleteAsyncCodeActivityData.CompleteAsyncCodeActivityWorkItem.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)

1 Like

No worries
Welcome to uipath community
Use a KILL PROCESS as a first activity in the sequence
—in that activity mention the property ProcessName as “EXCEL”

So that it will kill all the excel application before staring so that this error won’t occur

Cheers @Sashtang.Shinde

1 Like

Fantastic !!! It works for me
Thank a million @Palaniyappan
Same thing applies for the PDF as well ?
Do i need to kill process with ProcessName as “PDF”

1 Like

Great for pdf
If we are using any specific application like acrobat we need to mention that
And to find the correct process name go to TASK MANAGER and check the process name and if it’s like acrobat.exe take the process name alone without .exe and mention that in process name property like “acrobat” in the kill process activity

Cheers @Sashtang.Shinde

Thanks @Palaniyappan
my default application is Adobe Acrobat
I tried with “Acrobat”, “Adobe Acrobat Reader”, “Adobe Acrobat” and “PDF” (lower as well as upper cases) but seems to be not working
Could you please have a look at error message
Thanks in advance !!

1 Like

Fine
May i know at which activity this error occurs
I hope it’s not because of the KILL Process Activity
Are we trying to extract any data from pdf
It’s failing at that place

Cheers @Sashtang.Shinde

Hi Palaniyappan
Yes i am extracting data from PDF but not sure whats wrong with this one now
since same program dosent throw any exception/error while executing through studio or robot tray.
Complete disaster same thing works in PreProd but sucks in Production
Impacting Production badly

Anyways Thanks for your Help @Palaniyappan appreciate it

1 Like

no worries
kindly check once pdf application is there in the production instance as same as where you tested previously
if you were able to fetch the data from testing and you should be able to get that from production as well

Cheers @Sashtang.Shinde

Thanks @Palaniyappan, the issue remains the same
contacted Ui-Path support team, issue reported as a bug
curious to see the workarround.

1 Like

Great
Cheers @Sashtang.Shinde