Project architecture examples

We all understand that creating a good architecture is essential if you want to build a scalable and stable robot.

• Do you have any good examples of how to create a proper architecture of a process?
  • What should be included in the architecture document and how the document would look?

I think this thread would be pretty useful for either developers and solution architects.

1 Like
1 Like

Hey Georgiy,

Refer RE framework!!

regards

Aditya

@aditya.prakash I know and I use the ReFramework but it’s not what I was looking for in this thread :slight_smile:

@rkelchuri Thank you, I’m familiar with the best practice guide but it doesn’t contain examples of a good architecture. There are just some basic advices which should be followed in order to develop a good application in general. What I mean is a document which is being created before the development process.

When you want to create an application you firstly think about its organization. And this is what I was looking for. The way you want to organize, use and maintain your app (or someone’s else app) could be stored in a document. And I wanted to look through examples of such docs

@MGMKLML, This best practice guide is for UiPath RPA Development methodology to utilize ReFramework.

When you think about RPA development for any organization, you need design a framework with following points.

1. Easy to use.
  2. Re Usable libraries
  3. RPA Development Templates.
  4. Auto Recovery mechanism.
  5. Fail detection mechanism.
  6. Auto Email Success/Failure Report
  7. Auto log saving for debug.
  8. Auto send Bot health report.
  9. Auto Cleaning mechanism.
  10. Error handling and reporting etc… many more depends on application.

Now when we talk about Project Management process… then managing RPA project similar to development project.

1. Identify RPA Use Case. (Use Case Document)
  2. Having Approved POC. (POC Demo, PPT, Video and approved emails from to management)
  3. Create RPA Process Flow Design (Design Document, High level Design, Low Level Design)
  4. Distribute each module to individual RPA developers and get it develop. ( pseudo code…etc)
  5. Integrate all modules and test. (Integration deployment plan)
  6. Run in Pre-Prod and test. (Alpha, Beta Testing plan or UAT plan)
  7. Delivery. (Delivery plan as per agreed SLA)

These are minimum documentations for each stage.

Hope my inputs are useful.

6 Likes

Hi
Please find re framework complete explanation

@karthik_bethi Not sure whether it was sent to me but I know the ReFramework concept very well which isn’t the case with the enhanced one by the way and the video isn’t the architecture. It’s just a detailed guide on how to deal with the concept. By “architecture examples” I meant documents which you may face in usual programming projects.