Programming a stock price bot

Hi @AL1,

I see. Then I would suggest you change approach and use real life usecases for both your attended and unattended robots. Your thesis ideal should try to develop something novel. Now since you know that there is a easier way to achieve the end goal, it is difficult to defend the use of a RPA robot.

The person reviewing your thesis can easily challenge both your attended and unattended robot ideas. He/She can say that this can be achieved natively in Excel and GoogleSheets. That is not a spot you want to be in.

My aim with this reply is to challenge you to develop and write about real-world attended and unattended RPA robot scenarios. If your automations (practical work) can wow them, you definitely are going to do well in the evaluation.

If you in addition do some metrics on your collected data using the robot, may be it can be a better use case. For example, once the robot gets the ticker prices, it calculates 21 day moving average (Moving Average Chart Definition and Uses), Bollinger bands on your ticker data (Bollinger Bands®: Calculations and Indications) and some other indicators and using those indicators it makes some suggestion to buy or hold or sell. This can be value addition. (How accurate rules perform is another thing you can evaluate.)

If you want to get some more ideas for automations, take a look at this post : Need ideas to develop POC - #9 by jeevith

I wish you success with your thesis. :+1: