Processing Excel inputs with multiple formats - best practice

Hi,
My company has a process to update information in our system based on data received in Excel files received from various suppliers. These files arrive to us in multiple formats but the process remains the same for each.
Each file will have a reference ID, a vehicle registration number and a cost amount to update in our system but different files may call these different things for example, file A has the cost under a column called “Cost” but file B calls this column “Total” and it may appear in a different column.
My question is - what would the best practice be to process these files and tell the RPA that for the amount, it needs to look at “Cost” in file A but “Total” in file B? The same applies for the other fields - Reference ID and Registration.
We expect to receive new file formats in the future which will need to be added to this process with little/no extra development.

Hope this makes sense!
Thank you

FileFormats

Hello @ZoeW!

It seems that you have trouble getting an answer to your question in the first 24 hours.
Let us give you a few hints and helpful links.

First, make sure you browsed through our Forum FAQ Beginner’s Guide. It will teach you what should be included in your topic.

You can check out some of our resources directly, see below:

1. Always search first. It is the best way to quickly find your answer. Check out the image icon for that.
    Clicking the options button will let you set more specific topic search filters, i.e. only the ones with a solution.

2. Topic that contains most common solutions with example project files can be found here.

3. Read our official documentation where you can find a lot of information and instructions about each of our products:

4. Watch the videos on our official YouTube channel for more visual tutorials.

5. Meet us and our users on our Community Slack and ask your question there.

Hopefully this will let you easily find the solution/information you need. Once you have it, we would be happy if you could share your findings here and mark it as a solution. This will help other users find it in the future.

Thank you for helping us build our UiPath Community!

Cheers from your friendly
Forum_Staff