Problems with mail retrieval using "Get outlook mail messages"

I am able to access my outlook mail account but I am unable to retrieve the subject line or the body of the mail. I am also unable to download attachments. If someone could attach a workflow for the same it would be very helpful for me.

Hello!

Before opening a topic, try to search your doubt in the Forum’s search engine. We had similar problems that are already solved by the users!

Anyway, follow below the example that you need.

getMailProperties_Example.xaml (10.4 KB)

Hope It Helps!

Regards,!

4 Likes

Thank you so much for the help. I have been trying on this issue for quiet some time and finally it worked. I will keep in mind what you said and review all posts before posting any issue. THanks again! :slight_smile:

Regards
Tamshi

1 Like

Thank you so much for the help!

1 Like

how your people can get access to “Get Out look mail message” without giving email id and password and mail server etc

Hello!

When we leave it blank the activity will get the default mail configured on the machine :slight_smile:

Regards,

there only account id available how can we access it without the password

Hi @Lucas.Pimenta
throws an error you upload WF
can you help me

can anyone get the solution for this issues !!!

while i am using Get Outlook mail Message Activity in that property Mail Folder i have gave command as “Sent Items”
Error : The specified folder not exists.
But in My outlook folder are available : image

Regards
RaviDevaraj

Any other folder works?

1 Like

As Gabriel suggested, It works with another folder?

No
i tried “Inbox” and “Sent Items”

Then there is another problem there…

what is that ?
can you able to elaborate to me!! what the exactly issues her i am facing

Dear RaviDevaraj,

I have the same problem with “Get outlook mai messages” at any folder. What was the solution ? I didn’t find it.
Thank you for your help.
Edina

Hi @KEdina

No so far i didn’t get any solution so far

Are you sure you are using the proper Outlook account within the activity?

@Gabriel_Tatu. We also can’t get the email body or from. However we can get the email subject . We already tried mail.Headers(“HTMLBody”), but this also returns blank. Can you please help

Hello @johnsonjos16 , @KEdina,

I’ve done a xaml file which will retrieve e-mail details like from, subject and Body .attaching the “GetOutlook.xaml” file. check this. hope it will solve your problem. if not let me know will try to help out.

Tip :- while iterating with For each, in the properties for TypeArgument select as “System.Net.Mail.MailMessages” .

Let me know it works out your issues.

Regards,
Pradeep
GetOutlook.xaml (6.9 KB)

Hi Pradeep thanks for your help. But its a security policy of our client that prevents us from getting email messages using the outlook activity. We managed to have a workaround using GetExchangeEmail activity. Once again many thanks for your help and interest in the topic