Problems interacting with browsers

I’ve installed the UIpath extensions in both Chrome and Firefox.

Every time I try to record interactively in Firefox, it keeps telling me to enable the extension and won’t let me continue (yes, I’ve restarted the browser after extension was installed)

When I tried to record in Chrome by clicking on a button in a web page I got the message “Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component”. I tried basic, desktop and web recording.

Here is the URL where i encountered this problem. The button I clicked is labeled ‘random’. I’m too green to know whether this is a problem with my browser or if this is a UI element UIpath can’t handle.

http://www.logarithmic.net/ghost.xhtml

Hi, I’ve tried in Chrome - Version 55.0.2883.87, Its working for me.

For firefox, As far as I know uipath extension works on latest version.

Regarding “Error HRESULT…”, You can try to add additional selector (Parent) in your element, I had also got this type of issue in other instance and I have resolved this way.

Please find workflow that will click on radom button multiple times.

RandomClick.xaml (9.1 KB)

1 Like

Try to remove UiPath extension from Chrome browser chrome://extensions/
and then from UiPath studio re-install the extension.

I was able to automate your page in Chrome except for the SVG part (the diagram)

Adrian.

4 Likes

@adrian

Thanks for your reply, that worked for me.

Error:

18.4.3+Branch.master.Sha.9888b477be8d3ec8a832306fc59c34ba6edad108

Source: Get Full Text ‘chrome.exe Chrome’

Message: Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component.

Exception Type: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException

An ExceptionDetail, likely created by IncludeExceptionDetailInFaults=true, whose value is:
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component.
at UiPath.Core.Activities.ScopeActivity.OnFaulted(NativeActivityFaultContext faultContext, Exception propagatedException, ActivityInstance propagatedFrom)
at System.Activities.Runtime.FaultCallbackWrapper.Invoke(NativeActivityFaultContext faultContext, Exception propagatedException, ActivityInstance propagatedFrom)
at System.Activities.Runtime.FaultCallbackWrapper.FaultWorkItem.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)

Environment:
Studio 2018.4.3 - 01/21/2019
Enterprise Edition
Windows Installer
Expires in 5 weeks
License Provider: External
Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise 64-bit on Macbook
.NET Framework Version 4.7.2

UiPath Chrome Plugin removed and installed many times but still cannot work.