Problem with the Click activity using the F2 delay in Chrome

I am having a problem with the Click activity using the F2 delay in Chrome.

Steps bot perfoms successfully:

• Login to the Acme website.
• Click on “Invoices”

I added another Click activity to click on “Search for Invoice”
• I click on “Indicate element inside browser”
• I hover over “Invoices” so it turns blue
• I press F2 and the counter appears in the right corner and the countdown begins
• I hover over “Search for Invoice” waiting for it to turn blue
• PROBLEM – When the counter reaches 0, the submenu showing “Search for Invoice” disappears and “Invoices” and the space to the right of it turns blue to be selected. I am unable to select “Search for Invoice”.

This process worked fine on IE, but I cannot get it to work on Chrome. What do I need to do differently for this to work in Chrome?

Website - https://acme-test.uipath.com/

Chrome version - Version 95.0.4638.69 (Official Build) (64-bit)

UiPath Studio version – 2020 10.7

Example of problem after timer expires

If it works fine in IE, use IE to get the selector. The selector probably won’t be different for different browsers.

Thank you for the suggestion! However, I am a university professor and this is part of a introductory project, so I need it to work with Chrome. As of August 2021, IE is no longer supported by Microsoft and has been replaced by Edge.

Hey @cmiles,

I attempted what your post suggested and found a quick work around. After hitting F2, hover over the popup menu and click and hold the “Search for Invoices” option until the timer runs out on your f2 (Right click and hold will actually let you select which option once the timer runs out. Left click and hold will just select that option once the timer runs out from what I’ve seen). That should actually select what you want.

Let me know what happens with this. I’d be glad to try other options for it.

1 Like

I didn’t say use IE for your automation. Just use IE to get the selector. The same selector will work in Chrome.

Thank you for the quick response!

Yes, your solution works!!!

Steps I followed:
• In the Click activity, I click on “Indicate element inside browser”
• I hover over “Invoices” so it turns blue
• I press F2 and the counter appears in the right corner and the countdown begins
• I right-click and hold on “Search for Invoice” waiting for it to turn blue.
• I left-click on “Search for Invoice” and the correct item is in the Click activity!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.