Problem with Outlook 2010

Hello Community,
I’m encountering problem with getting outlook mail messages activity.

Scenario.
I have two shared mailboxes linked with outlook user account. The workflow is running in a loop checking first of them, performs a process when mail subjects match specific patterns, then it’s checking the other mailbox and performs another process when valid mails founds. If no matching mails found the workflow is monitoring both mailboxes for new emails.

I’m using get outlook mail messages and move outlook mail messages.

Outlook client is running during robot execution.

Everything was working fine on Windows 10 system with Outlook 2016. I was testing it on a user with admin rights and dedicated robot user. In both cases The robot could run for hours, polling each mailbox once or twice each minute if no matching emails found.

I had to move this robot to Windows 7 system with Outlook 2010 installed. The process randomly throws a Folder not found exception while trying to get outlook mail messages or moving mail message every one or two minutes of operation. It’s running as the same users and using the same shared mailboxes.

It’s able to fetch mails with get outlook mail messages from both mailboxes a couple of times, then it throws an exception. I’m currently catching this exception restarting outlook client, the robot is resuming checking the mailboxes correctly couple of times then throws another folder not found error.

I tried reistalling outlook client, switching to exchange cached mode, and buffered mode running outlook and robot as a user with admin rights, and robot user. I also tried to run outlook as administrstor. No luck.

Can you paste the complete error information.
or do you have an idea from the error information what folder it is looking for?

Hi, I created custom worflow which only gets mails from one account, waits 10 seconds and getting messages from another account waits another 10s and repeats

The robot was able to run for around 1,5 minutes and then throwed

Source: Get Outlook Mail Messages

Message: The specified folder does not exist

Exception Type: System.ArgumentException

An ExceptionDetail, likely created by IncludeExceptionDetailInFaults=true, whose value is:
System.ArgumentException: The specified folder does not exist
at UiPath.Mail.Activities.GetMailActivity.EndExecute(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)
at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.System.Activities.IAsyncCodeActivity.FinishExecution(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)
at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.CompleteAsyncCodeActivityData.CompleteAsyncCodeActivityWorkItem.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)

Really nothing to get from the error message.
May be you need to re-check if all the mail folders exists as configured in the UIPath.

Or can you check if there any updates available for the Outlook activities.

Thanks for the tip. The folder exists, I’m able to read the folders 3-4 times in a loop, then it fails. It stops working until i restart outlook client.

Yes I am also facing the same issue.
The bot reads the emails from specified folder but after certain time it throws an error saying specified folder does not exists.
Then we have to restart the bot then again it reads for specified time & again the same.
My Uipath is 2020.4.1 & Outlook 2010
Outlook server is Office 365
Please suggest.