Problem with dropdown list

If you’ve gone through Level 1 training, the video on Selectors show you how to write VB Expressions for selectors.

The timezone might make it difficult. I have to be up at night on my side of the world .

@AndyMenon, I see what you mean…
Yes ,I tried lots combinations of selectors.

It opens needed window when the flowchart end with Select Item. If i join other activity further - it stops oppening needed window even between Select Item and next activity. Do you still believe it is because of selectors?

I think this is what is happening:

The Select Item activity is slower than the Robot. When you end your process with the Select Item activity, the robot has nothing to do. Therefore it executes the Select Item task and exits.

However, when you join it with the next task, the Robot is able to make the selection, but isn’t able to wait and moves on to the the activity you attached to. Therefore, your last activity does not execute because the previous activity of Select Item hasn’t completed successfully.

In your last activity, what is this value set to?

If it’s set to COMPLETE or INTERACTIVE, then it must wait until the Select Item opens up the Dialog box.

No. If the selector were wrong, it should fail even when SelectItem is the last activity. But it isn’t.

Are you seeing any errors in the output when you attach the third activity?

Yes, you are right.

It behaves the following way: it stucks for about 20 seconds(it looks like trying to click “Select other members” and cant find it for no reason), then I do recieve Error.

Hmmm… this is really strange. It works when SelectItem is the last member, but does not when you add the attach window?

Is there any way that you can remove the attach window activity and replace it with a simple click activity?

When you run it, if the SelectItem works and the dialog box opens up, it means that the Attach Window might be causing issues.

You are right here. I’ve deleted selector - see on the attached picture.
"

But it still looks strange…It is considered to be really stable selector because it is the name of the window.

So since now robot opens EPM window when there is no activity in Do inside Attach window. DONE! Thank you!

But then comes another trouble - hen I put Click inside Attach Window whatever I define to be Clicked in EPM window, Capture when robot runs from the beginning , on this Click step it fails. But when I keep EPM window opened and start process from Attach window - it does excellent.

Capture

Do you have a notion what type of selector could influence such behaviour?
Here are selectors of Click activity inside Attach Window:

Well Attach Window works only if the window you want to attach is already open. If there is no window to attach it will fail. That is why when you keep that window open it works.

So, the problem is the Window not opening, when you do the selection in the first step.

So why it opens the window when I run the whole process (all activities from up to bottom) when inside DO(which belongs to Attach window) there is no activity. And when I add to that DO Click activity - it doesnt open.
But after closing Error message, I find ERP window opened…

It’s probably because the window opens much later than the time the Robot waits before throwing an error.

There is a Timeout value . Can you increase the timeout on the activity where the error is happening to 60000ms . The default timeout is 30 seconds.

Done
Finally I substituted all clicks with hotkey activity Enter with option “click before sending key”. It helped worked much better then simple “click” and clicked every time it is needed.
But the further process was not so stable so the client changed the way to choose date in ERP its more simple now.
Thank you very much for your help, @AndyMenon , I appreciate.
Topic can be closed.

Hi @Slavich,

Thanks for the update. I wish I could be more helpful. Sometimes, simple solutions work the best!

I just got out of a meeting today. And I spent almost 3 hours now developing a selector that would work with one of our third-party Java based browser applications.

It isn’t always easy, but I’m glad you found a resolution! :slight_smile: