Problem in Web Automation testing using object repository

I had created test automation project & for cross browser testing I had used object repository to capture all the ui elements from website. Now the problem is:

1. I am using open browser activity & added browsertype variable in the properties of open browser.
  2. next step I have used attach browser(added the open browser’s variable to attach browser) & I had drag n dropped the application from object repository & after that added all ui elements from object repository.
  3. now when I am running the automation, only open browser activity is running & opening the browser only rest all steps/activities are not connecting to that browser; how can i fix it?
    Can anyone help?
1 Like

Hi @Shabanam_Mulla,
Try to use Use Application/browser Activity instead of Open Browser activity.
Finally you can configure it as follows:

Cheers!

1 Like

Thank You! @jose.ordonez1
I had tried as you suggest & it’s working for chrome & Edge browsers but when the automation is running on firefox, I am getting an error as chromium api is not supported for this element Please use other input method & the element is SignUp button.

1 Like

I believe Chromium API will not work on Firefox, as it’s not a Chromium based browser.

2 Likes

Input method chromium api don’t support Firefox.

You can use Simulate which supports and faster than chromium api

Thanks,
Ashok :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thanks for the reply, I had used simulate but it’s not supporting other activities like type into, showing error…

1 Like

There shouldn’t be issue until and unless you are trying to pass keyboard shortcut as well. What’s the error by the way?

Use this to design your automation.

Thanks,
Ashok :slight_smile:

2 Likes