Present Validation Station - Possible to Create Validations?

Hello,
I am using the Present Validation Station in my process. I’m able to get the process to extract data and present the data to a user. I was wondering if it is possible to create validations for each field when the user is validating the data. For example, if a field is only supposed to be 5 characters long, is it possible to create a validation for said field and display an error message to the user if it is anything other than 5 characters long?

I found the link below which goes over creating forms. There’s a validation section on this page where it shows that you can set a regular expression pattern or length validation. Is there something like this for the Present Validation Station activity?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

bump

bump - would greatly appreciate if anyone had any feedback on this.

@Lahiru.Fernando, can you take a look at this?

1 Like

Hi @monsieurrahul @bnguyen

Sorry for the late response…

The validation station do not have the Form like configuration built in to it. But still you can perform the validation within the workfkow itself and show the validation station if the data of the field violates your validation rules…

I think you can get a better understanding of this by looking at some of my document understanding videos…

Check out the data validation part of the advanced document understanding series

1 Like

Hi @Lahiru.Fernando ,

Thank you for pointing me to this video as it was helpful understanding how you can validate data within the workflow itself. However, I am more interested in validations with the user experience, such as presenting validation error messages in the Validation Station while users are actively modifying fields. Can you confirm that this is not possible?

Thank you,
Bryan