Postman, Swagger showing You are not authenticated!

Hey @Sanjit_Pal1

What user login you are using here any SSO or ?

Thanks
#nK

Does the same happen on different web browsers and or network connection?

Hey @loginerror,

I have not tested it on the different network, but for different browsers the error is same.

Thanks,
Sanjit

Alright, I found the right information, it concerns some recent changes to the Community instances:

It looks like you have to do a few additional steps, see here:
https://docs.uipath.com/orchestrator/v0/reference/authorizing-api-calls-in-swagger

2 Likes

Hi @Sanjit_Pal1,

You’re encountering this issue because the cookie isn’t present anymore. We recently moved from cookie to access token authentication.

For replaying or edit & replay requests you might want to use Copy as fetch, Copy as cURL functionalities.

Examples (in Chrome):

2. Navigate to Console
3. Paste

4. Hit Enter
5. Check the Network tab and you’ll be able to find the request.

Some guidance for multiple browsers: Edit and replay XHR chrome/firefox etc? - Stack Overflow

3 Likes

Hey @Razvan_Dumitru

Just a quick question please, So you mean that this how it is going to be ?

Or the steps which you mention is just if we face auth issues on swagger ?

Thanks
#nK

Hey @Razvan_Dumitru,

The above mentioned steps I have to do in the Orchestrator tab or in the Swagger tab ?

And one more thing, this step I have to follow every time when I will check any API call in swagger ?

Thanks,
Sanjit

1 Like

Hey @Sanjit_Pal

Those steps should be done on chrome browser developer console, from where you opened the swagger.

Thanks
#nK

Hey @Razvan_Dumitru,

I have done the same as you have explained, still having the same issue.

Thanks,
Sanjit

1 Like

Hey @Sanjit_Pal

Are you using any ad-blocker or something ?

Just thinking if something is blocking !

Thanks
#nK

Hi @Sanjit_Pal1 Instead of PostMan please try the below

Hey @KIRTI_IYER,

It’s working fine with the uipath orchestrator HTTP request activity.

I am only facing the issue with Postman and Swagger.

Thanks,
Sanjit

It doesn’t seem that you have a contextual access token. Can you please double-check if the Authorize button from Swagger page has a lock in locked state?

It seems that your curl command misses a Bearer authorization header:

1 Like

Hey @Razvan_Dumitru

PFA the screenshot below

The authorize button is not in the lock state. Once I have clicked on the Authorize button the popup opened.

In this pop up there are two field client_id: and client_secret:, from where to get these two value to authorize.

Thanks,
Sanjit

Please see here on how to generate those two values:
https://docs.uipath.com/orchestrator/v0/reference/consuming-cloud-api

And this guide goes in depth over the Swagger authentication flow:
https://docs.uipath.com/orchestrator/v0/reference/authorizing-api-calls-in-swagger

@Sanjit_Pal Basically you’ll just need to press Authorize. Client_id/client_secret are already known and configured in behind.

Hey @Razvan_Dumitru

Just curious to know, on what basis does that Authorize button appear as I can’t see it !

Thanks
#nK

Hey @Razvan_Dumitru ,

If I am trying to authorize it by clicking on Authorize button, it’s redirecting me to the below page.

Thanks,
Sanjit Pal

@Sanjit_Pal can you please help us with a .har/network export in order to better understand what’s happening in your case?

Did you modified client_id/client_secret?

@Nithinkrishna Swagger Authorize button is tightly coupled with cookie to access token based authentication migration.

This feature is currently in rollout phase and it will be available to all users next week.

1 Like