Pop-ups in the process

Hello,

I’m currently developing a business process in UiPath.
This process contains (almost) unlimited scenarios - every scenario has a different pop up, which should be approved in order to continue the flow. Plus, pop-ups are shown a few times during the process.

I have tried using Global Exception Handler, but it didn’t provide me the right solution.
I also tried to add the pop ups into the flow, but it’s not practical because different pop ups always pop in different stages.

I’d love to get your assistance.
Thanks so much,

Shachar

Hi there…!

Unknown popups are always a pain.

Are you talking about popups in a .NET application or IE/Web App? Is testing being done or are there so many scenarios that you can’t possibly capture most of the popups that shows up during runtime?

Do the popups share a common title, or any attribute (if so then you can indicate and stoore that element and you can use attach window activity using the UiElement variable and close that particular window in exception handling block) or is it always dynamic?

Have you tried clicking the generic ‘OK’ or ‘Cancel’ or the ‘X’ close button of the active window (this works most of the times)?

While assessing the behavior of the application have you found common instances where the popups might appear (always checking for the popup element will greatly reduce the efficiency or increase the time taken)?

These are off the top of my head, maybe you can elaborate on a few points you have tried to mitigate that issue… :slight_smile:

Regards

1 Like

Buddy @shachar
If it is a approval popup why cant we use a send hot key with enter as key that would close the popup whenever it appears on the screen, the reason is this could work as the popup that gets generated comes to the foreground of the screen, of the application thus making it active window… while at that time if we have used either a send hot key or even common click image activity for the x symbol or even a click element for the close element on the screen… sometimes if it doesn’t have anything to approve we can have a hot ket of alt+F4…by keeping that send hot key activity inside the activity called GET ACTIVE WINDOW, that would close the current popup being as a active window…

Hope this would help you buddy
Cheers @shachar

1 Like

Hi @Raghavendraprasad,

Are you talking about popups in a .NET application or IE/Web App? java based app

Is testing being done or are there so many scenarios that you can’t possibly capture most of the popups that shows up during runtime? we were testing it along the way, but it’s almost impossible to capture all the pop ups

Do the popups share a common title, or any attribute or is it always dynamic? Pop-ups doesn’t share the same title. the end user has to click different buttons on the pop ups (“OK” or “Continue” or “Approved”) and their location could be different on different pop ups. moreover, the pop up location on the screen isn’t permanent

Thanks,
S

Well,

The capture the OK, continue or approved elements in active window and click them whenever the element exists.

But, if your workflow is cognitive - meaning if the user has to lookup something and has to decide whether s/he has to approve that or not then it might not suitable for automation.

But, blindly clicking on those buttons are achievable.

Regards

Also, pressing escape also works if I am not wrong.

1 Like

Buddy… @shachar I think it needs lot of decision making buddy… Purely judgement based and not rule based buddy…which can be handled either by changing the flow of process or process improvisation…

Cheers… @shachar

1 Like

@Raghavendraprasad can you please help me in the below case.

I want to capture any pop up that comes under the bot running. And Pop up is dynamic but the action of each pop up is fixed i.e. Enter .

How can we capture the occurance of any pop up?