Pls consider deleting the activity name we searched after drag into activity window

Hi Team,

Currently the activity name we typed remains in the search field even after we dragged that particular activity into the activity window and i need to delete the activity i typed to search for an another activity.

If the activity we searched is deleted automatically after we dragged to the activity window then it would be easy when we search for an another activity.

Please refer the screen where i actually mention it is.

Hi @Boopathi

I feel like this request is very specific. One could argue that the opposite might also happen - if one wants to copy the same activity multiple times, then one would need to search for it multiple times.

I am not sure what would be the best option to solve that.

2 Likes

If we look at how Visual Studio manages this, it is how UIPath is doing it already.
UiPath Studio is definitely inspired by VS, which it is a good thing.

I do not think it is necessary to make any change there, the clear option on the search box is sufficient I would say.

Cheers

1 Like

If there were ways to improve the overall experience of building workflows and adding activities, what 2-3 improvements would you make?

1 Like

Hi @mircea

Something frustrating is that from the project panel, we have the possibility to “show all files” but we are not able to open them from there nor pasting new file directly inside the folder in UiPath.

During development, we often refer to file inside the project, notably the config file and having to open the project folder in explorer is not ideal, especially if your resources are stored inside subfolders.

When I mean opening it is not necessarily within the studio (even if that would be great for basic filetypes like txt, csv, json etc…) but even by the default program for the type of file.

Cheers

1 Like

Partially completed. Using shorcut CTRL+ALT+F you will jump right into activities pane and last searched temp is already marked so writing another one will take over the place.

1 Like