Please help me, Selector can't see text

Hello everyone, I am trying to extract data from this website (Used Cars for Sale in REDFORD, MI | TWINS AUTO SALES - 3136319700.),
i want to extract image, vehicle name, price, stock, mileage. I saw that it was structured data, I tried data table extraction but the selector can not distinguish between each of the data, it took all as one, I also tried using “get text” from website, but the selector could still not pick the text. please what can I do, this assignment is scheduled to last for a day. please help me out.
Though i am thinking of extracting all the data in a column but how will i get the data that are text, url, source image, price etc…
Thank you in anticipation as you give my request immediate attention.

Hi @Israel_Oluwafemi,

Welcome! Based on the website structure, I can think on two solutions:

1. Use the “CV Screen scope” and then the “CV Get Text” to extract the data. Easy to create but a little resource intensive: Activities - CV Screen Scope

2. Using the normal “Get Text” activity, the thing here is that you have to use the UI Explorer and go deep into the many DIVs this page has. You can inspect the page and try to find the correct element in the UI explorer: Studio - UI Explorer

Find both examples in the workflow:
Main.xaml (31.2 KB)

1 Like

Hi,

I just wrote the workflow using classic DataScraping with manual configuration.
Can you try the following sample?

Sample
Sample20240213-2.zip (3.4 KB)

Regards,

1 Like

Thank you @juan.porras1 I tried both workflows, The first gave me an exception “element not found”, the second couldnot extract the url. I also want to ask further, is it possible to create a generic workflow that can be used to extract data any website? If yes how? The the crux of what i am working towards, to create a workflow that can extract data in similar websites like this (Used Cars for Sale in REDFORD, MI | TWINS AUTO SALES - 3136319700.) without having to change the whole sequence.Please if there is any resource that could help me to achieve this please refer me. Thank you for your time.

Thank you @Yoichi Your contribution was very helpful, but was able to extract a few data, but i still could not extract the image url, price, mileage. Please I want to ask if there is a way I can transfer data from one website to another without extracting data, and if I have to, can i create a single workflow that will extract data from any website similar to " Used Cars for Sale in REDFORD, MI | TWINS AUTO SALES - 3136319700. " and connect the database of that website to UiPath to automatically upload those data. Please if these are possible, please refer me to resources that could help me to achieve this.
Meanwhile, thank you for taking out time to attend to this, it is a privilege I do not take lightly.

How about the following?

Sample20240213-2 (2).zip (3.4 KB)

Or we may be able to use FindChilderen instead of DataScraping, too.

Regards,

I do appreciate you @Yoichi for your response, but I still could not get it done. But I will appreciate further or more responses.
Thank you.

Hi,

Can you share what is your problem at this time.
The above sample outputs the following xlsx. Doesn’t this work in your environment?

Regards,

Thank you @Yoichi. It worked it was an error on my part.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.