Platform Configuration Tool issue

Afternoon all

OI am currently preparing my system for an upgrade and have been attempting to tun the Platform Configuration Tool, but get the following error

Get-Help : Get-Help could not find C:\UiPath.Platform.Configuration.Tool\platform.configuration.tool.ps1 in a help file in this session. To download updated help topics type: “Update-Help”. To get help online, search for the help topic in the TechNet library at
https:/go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=107116.
At C:\UiPath.Platform.Configuration.Tool\platform.configuration.tool.ps1:206 char:9
** Get-Help -Name $myInvocation.ScriptName*
** CategoryInfo : ResourceUnavailable: (:slight_smile: [Get-Help], HelpNotFoundException*
** FullyQualifiedErrorId : HelpNotFound,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.GetHelpCommand*

I run the Update-help command as suggested, but then get the following error

UPDATE-HELP : Failed to update Help for the module(s) ‘ConfigDefender, ConfigDefenderPerformance, PSReadline, WindowsUpdateProvider’ with UI culture(s) {en-US} : Unable to retrieve the HelpInfo XML file for UI culture en-US. Make sure the HelpInfoUri property in the
module manifest is valid or check your network connection and then try the command again.
At line:1 char:1
** UPDATE-HELP*

• CategoryInfo : ResourceUnavailable: (:slight_smile: [Update-Help], Exception*
    • FullyQualifiedErrorId : UnableToRetrieveHelpInfoXml,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.UpdateHelpCommand*

The line the script appears to fail on is

Get-Help -Name $myInvocation.ScriptName

I’m not a Powershell expert so any assistance greatly appreciated

@gary.cobden

As per error this file is not available

C:\UiPath.Platform.Configuration.Tool\platform.configuration.tool.ps1

cheers

Aware of that - it did not exist in the downloaded package from the UiPath website

Tool needed to be installed in
C:\Program Files (x86)\UiPath\Orchestrator\Tools\PlatformConfiguration
and it then works finf

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.