Personal Macro Workbook is not showing up in StudioX

Hi Team,
In StudioX, I have created bots where I have run macros store in my personal macro workbook. Never had any issues with this, bots always run the macros perfectly. Here’s an example of how it looks:

However, today, I am trying to create a new bot that uses macros from my personal macro workbook, and the workbook simply isnt there. I can manually run the macro, no problem, but in UiPath, when I add the “Run Spreadsheet Macro” activity, it does not give me the option to select my personal macro workbook.

I can’t screenshot the plus button menu, but that’s where I would normally select the workbook.

I need your help! Reminder, this is for StudioX!

Thank you,
Jibroni

Bumping this in hopes to find someone who can help me.

Hello @jibroni

Are you using this activity inside Use Excel activity? If not please use “Run Spreadsheet Macro” inside “Use Excel” activity. Then you will able to choose the workbook.

Hi @jibroni,

Can you share your error content?

I think it’s more about the use of excel than the problem of running a macro.

Make sure you are using “Use Excel”. I am sharing an example link, try it for a simple excel.

Regards,
MY

Hi @Rahul_Unnikrishnan ,

Yes, I used it inside the Use Excel activity. Here is an example of one flow I created where it works:

In this screenshot, you can see that I was able to connect to the source workbook known as “PERSONAL_Macro_Workbook” and that this is not the same as the file in the Use Excel activity.

I dont recall what I did to get that personal macro workbook to appear there, but now I cannot replicate what I did.

Hi @muhammedyuzuak ,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I used it inside the Use Excel activity. Here is an example of one flow I created where it works:

In this screenshot, you can see that I was able to connect to the source workbook known as “PERSONAL_Macro_Workbook” and that this is not the same as the file in the Use Excel activity.

In this screenshot you can see that I even have the option of selecting my PERSONAL_Macro_Workbook from the plus menu. I dont know how I got that workbook to be there. Please show me!

And here is the error message I am receiving on the flow I am trying to create now:

I appreciate your help on this!

Okay Team, so I answered my own question!

You can add additional files via the Data Manager tab. I had done this before but could not recall where I had learned it and couldnt find the documentation on it again. Here’s the screenshot:

To add the personal macro workbook, click New and then locate the workbook. If you arent sure where the workbook is saved, it is typically saved here: What is the Excel Personal Workbook Location? - Spreadsheet Planet. Unless you have moved it elsewhere.

Hopefully this thread will be useful for others who have the same issue.

Thanks Team,
Jibroni

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.