Perform hotkey press in terminal session

Hello,

I am working on automation of a terminal session and in one of the particular workflow, I am in need to perform “ctrl + shift + s”, I looked at the send control key it has various options but not multiple key strokes as I am currently in need of.

Connection to terminal session is done via providing the IP address and it opens the UiPath terminal window and not an external terminal application.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Shravan

Hi @shravan_nayak,

Could you try using send hotkey activity and select ctrl, shift and enter s in the key like shown in the screenshot and let me know if it works.
Regards.

I have tried this multiple times and it doesn’t seem to work.

Hi @shravan_nayak,

Could you share the screenshot selectors of the activity.

Regards.

Here at the place of cursor (for example) I need to perform ctrl+shift+s in order to select this option and proceed ahead.

HI @shravan_nayak

Welcome to Community!
We dont have multiple control sendkey , we have some predefined control key

try and check in the terminal manually and see anyother option there to achieve instead of Ctrl+shift+s

And when the connection is established UiPath will open the terminal in the UiPath’s terminal window only and this will be act as same you are using normally.

Only thing is if you want to check anything you need to open the terminal manually and then check for the steps and them add the activities according inside the terminal scope

Regards
Sudharsan

Hi @shravan_nayak,

try using send hotkey instead of send control key and check if it works.

Regards.

@Savan_S_Bangoria send hotkey doesn’t seem to work in a terminal session, I have tried multiple times.

Hi @shravan_nayak,

Try making the SendWidowsMessage as False in the properties of the send hotkey and try for me this is working on my terminal.

Regards.

@Savan_S_Bangoria tried it, still no luck!

@shravan_nayak

Which one do you need to select ?

And Ctrl+shift +s will do what exactly on this page?

Regards
Sudharsan

Which one to select :- need not be any one in particular, depends on what scenario it is, basically I need to figure out the row and column where I need to place the cursor (where ! symbol is present)

Ctrl+shift+s :- this would select that particular service for the workflow and proceed to the next screen.

Alternative I came across from the functional team of this application is, we could also perform right click on the ! symbol (this works just like ctrl+shift+s and selects that service and proceeds to next screen).

I am currently not able to do both, as far as I know mouse activities doesn’t work on a terminal session.

@shravan_nayak

Can you try with type into with the following

[d(ctrl)][d(shift)]s[u(ctrl)][u(shift)]

Cheers

I had come across this solution in a similar post on forum, gave this a try too, but nope.

It didn’t help!

@shravan_nayak

Manually are you sending the same
Combination…and can you confirm how you are trying to use it?

And also sometimes on terminal sessions keys are mapped to different keys try checking if ctrl or shift is mapped to any other key

Alternately try with modern activities you can record the hotkeys by clicking on record…

Cheers

key mapping I have checked it is ctrl+shift+s, and from manually also I’m clicking the same keys for this action.

have you tried like ^+(s) in send key activity

@shravan_nayak

Did you happen to try with different kinds of inputs…like hardware events or simulate or windows message…

Also tried with modern and classic activities?

To confirm Can you try any other key combination or type into activities if it is working…

And also try to use activate before you send the kot keys

Cheers

Left side of ! i see a kind of space there can you anything there? @shravan_nayak

If yes type 1 and enter and see whether it is going to next window

Regards
Sudharsan