- What’s the sequence of activities to tell the robot roughly where to look for a certain piece of text and then scan it using OCR?
- Also how do I extend this to include functionality to look for certain features to improve where it is looking for the text?
- To open the PDF in IE, do I use Open Browser or Open Application?
- When doing this, does it scan what’s on the screen after opening the program used to open PDF, or does it perform OCR on the document itself?
- Do I need to include behaviour to scroll through the PDF if I want to scan the document at 100% size, and how do I do this?
- Sometimes IE will open the PDF with an additional side frame from Acrobat, will this be an issue?
PDF is a scanned printed document previously typed out in MS Word, follows a certain template, need to extract some variable text from it, will be processing several of these documents and the exact location to be scanned might vary by just a little due to printing etc. (Won’t be posting a sample document though.)