PDF elements differs

Hi, I am facing issues while selecting elements from PDF files & as i want to use those respective elements as a variable in my process, i was trying to indicate them in selectors but those idx numbers differs from each PDF file. what should i do in this case??
My intention is to use PDF elements as a variable from different PDF files.

Hi @Chaitri_Agnihotri,

You can pass wildcard * and try

Ex : idx = ‘*’

@Chaitri_Agnihotri

Welcome to our uipath community.

Do you want to read PDF files from particular folder ?

Dear team,

I want to read pdf files from same folder. when i am indicating one element from one pdf it is running but when i am opening next pdf it is giving error as element not found. I also tried giving * instead of that element as a variable…but it isn’t working. Please help me with what should i do?

@Chaitri_Agnihotri

Could you please take screenshot of that selector and show me once. Will check and update you.

You have to make selector dynamic by using wild cards and removing unwanted attributes. And then only it should work with any file.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Please refer below snapshot

Firstly it is not selecting full invoice no. & this selector properties differs from PDF to PDF.

I want to get these invoice no’s from different PDF files.

Chaitri Agnihotri

MIS - Executive

Infobahn Technical Solutions (I) Pvt. Ltd.

022 – 6724 3363

chaitri.agnihotri@infobahnindia.com

604, Lodha Supremus, iThink Techno Campus,

Kanjurmarg (E) Mumbai – 400 042.

@Chaitri_Agnihotri

Replace title and name attribute values wild card start “*” and then try once.

I tried giving these selectors but as a result it is giving some other text from PDF not even invoice no.

What should be the alternate activities that can be used in this type of automation?

How can I read the variable attributes from different PDF’s?

Chaitri Agnihotri

MIS - Executive

Infobahn Technical Solutions (I) Pvt. Ltd.

022 – 6724 3363

chaitri.agnihotri@infobahnindia.com

604, Lodha Supremus, iThink Techno Campus,

Kanjurmarg (E) Mumbai – 400 042.

1 Like

Hi
Welcome to uipath community
Did we try with COMPUTER VISION ACTIVITIES
Kindly have a look at that pls

Cheers @Chaitri_Agnihotri

Hi,

Is there any other way to connect you? We really have this pdf query which needs to be reoslved on urgent basis.