Pdf date extraction

New DATE:09/08/2019

New DATE:9/8/19

Hi
I have two new date. i pick the two date value using regex if any idea to pick the value. if means help me

Hi,

Means you want to pick only 09/08/2019?

Thanks,
Sneha

i want to pick 09/08/2019 and 9/9/19

There you go, i used this regex : “\d{1,2}/\d{1,2}/\d{1,4}”

Please mark it as a solution

It not working

means you want to pick these 2 values from PDF?

yes i

Remove the (?<=New Date) part

then how to pick the data i

You can use RegexResult(0).Value and RegexResult(1).Value since the result of Matches activity is IEnumarate

If you are extracting this from a PDF please give the whole case, not just the part you posted.
I made regex only for this text:

New DATE:09/08/2019

New DATE:9/8/19

not for the whole PDF since I don’t know about what PDF are you talking about :slight_smile:

Fine
–use read pdf activity or if the pdf has image then we can use read pdf ocr activity and get the output with a variable of type string named out_text
–then use a matches actvity where mention the input text as out_text and the expression as you have already but with small changes
“\d(1,2)\/\d(1,2)\/\d(1,4)”
and get the output with a variable named out_matches
–use a for each loop activity and pass the above variable and let the type argument property be object in the property panel of for each loop
–inside the loop use a write line activiy and mention as item.tostring

simple isn’t it
hope this would help you
Cheers @vivekktr

vivekktr.xaml (5.1 KB)

if my pdf contain New date :09/08/2019
New date:9/8/2019
then
old date:07/05/2019
old date:7/5/19 means i need only new date . if using “\d{1,2}/\d{1,2}/\d{1,4}” this means it pick new date and old data also

1 Like

fine the we can use this expression in the matches activity
“(?<=New date:).*”
it worked as well
Cheers @vivekktr

JULY 22 - JULY 23, 2019

who to write regex for this?

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.