PDF Data Entering Error: Access is Denied

While trying to fill in a pdf form using some type into activities, I was thrown this error randomly. The reason I say randomly is because I have not seen this error happen ever, even though I have not changed any code and cannot reproduce it. All my type intos are within try catches as well, which also seems strange that it would break through a try catch.

RemoteException wrapping System.InvalidOperationException: The activity ‘Type Into ‘editable text’’ with ID 17159 threw or propagated an exception while being canceled. —> RemoteException wrapping System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED))

Any ideas of what could be causing this and how I can prevent it?

Hi @Kevin_Case

My guess is that the folder may not have the permissions to allow the change or that particular PDF preventing you from making changes to it. Did you test it from UiPath Studio or just UiPath Robot with/without Orchestrator ? Did you move then fill the PDF file ? Or fill from “default” folder ?

Hi Green Tea,

I use a default version of the pdf that does have the write permissions. It is an encrypted PDF with security which is why I am unable to use something like simulate type, but using just type intos works 99% of the time. When I am getting the error, it comes randomly on fields that are usually editable with no issues. I am testing it within studio. I just ran into the error again and it was on a totally different field that has been filled in previously with no issues.

Check if there is a limitation on the number of characters or type of characters for that field (however i’ve had that happen using simulate, not sure about windows message or normal type). Does it work when you type the same values as the bot manually?

Hi @Kevin_Case

In addition to @nameless sharing to check the field restrictions like (max field length, etc.),

1. do you have enough delays between moving of fields before type into ?
  2. does the pdf encryption uses an API endpoint that is stable ?

Kevin,

As you said you are entering information into the PDF which means it is a fillable PDF file (programmed PDF). It might be the case that the PDF you are working with has built-in validation logic that prevents UiPath type into active to put any text to feed in. I would advise you to kindly perform one round of manual entry by hand in the same use case where you are getting the random error. It would help you to better understand the root causes.

If you find this information useful then mark this as the solution and hit like icon.