PDF automation - How to split PDF based on content using UiPath

I have a PDF document generated by my financial management system (for example,
“invoice.pdf”). The file contains hundreds of invoices. I want to split it on invoice
number information within the PDF.

1 Like

Hi @sankpati,

You can use the pdf splitter from this package.

Here is the video demo…

Regards
Balamurugan.S

1 Like

Hi @sankpati

Can you share the sample invoice if possible ?

Hello @anoopap,

The invoice information is confidential.
I can give you a brief:

Suppose one pdf contains 5 invoices with 12 pages, I want that 5 invoices to be split into 5 different PDFs, so suppose I want to split that invoices based on invoice number(unique value) then How can split the same ?

I tried but not able to find the activity to split PDF based on content, can you please help me to take it ahead?

1 Like

Hi @sankpati

I have a small doubt here, Are the start page of a single invoice always start with an invoice number ?

Hi ,
Please check your manage and package the below things are checked.

Install the package with marked version…

Save everything. Restart the studio.

Regards
Balamurugan.S

THis is my first page

Installed the same but that package does not contains the activity to split pdf pbased on content

Uninstall the current version. Install the version 2.0.1 . Do the save. Close the studio and reopen it.

The activity icon look like below.

Regards
Balamurugan.S

Hello,

I am not getting that activities,

See if I missed something:

1 Like

Have you close and open the studio after the installation…

Regards
Balamurugan.S

Yes, many times.

1 Like

Which version you are using and it is community or enterprise ?

Close the studio …

Delete all the folder which in here “C:\Users[User name].nuget\packages\balareva.pdf.activities”.

Reopen the studio . you can get only the 2.0.1 package…

Thank you
Balamurugan.S

@balupad14 I have tried on both the UiPath versions V18.4.6 enterprose and V19.10 beta community but I am not able to get that activities in activity pane after installing the Balareva PDF activity V2.0.1.
I will try with the same package once again, but can you please confirm that can we split the PDF based on content?

1 Like

Hi @sankpati,

It will split page bases. single , Odd,Even and Page range . I don’t know. Why you didn’t get the package. Let me publish it again. But for you , I have attached the package here.

BalaReva.Pdf.Activities.2.0.1.nupkg (1.4 MB)

Here is the video to configure at your local.

Regards
Balamurugan.S

yeah, Now I am able to get that activities by installing above attached package:

Now let me work with your activities and will get back to you.
Thanks a lot !

1 Like

Hi @sankpati,

I appreciate your interest to use this package. Thank you very much for you kind feedback. But I will publish it again in UiPath Go. May be it will solve issue.

Thank you
Balamurugan.S

working on something similar, did you found any solution? as the thread has no ‘solution post’ :slight_smile:

1 Like

Dear all,

I have a similar topic:

I would like to split a cumulated documents in multiples ones (by Vendors), based on a specific starting element.

I attached some info, anyone can please help me?

Thank you

Gabriele