Pause on Automation

studio

Hello All,

How to pause for a second while automation any web based project.

activity delay?

Or, if you’re using Recorder:

F2 – pauses for 3 seconds. A countdown timer is displayed in the bottom left corner of the screen. Can be useful with menus that automatically hide.

There has an option for delay before and after…

there is an activity also available delay you can use that.

and delay before and delay after also you can use one of them
if you want to pass some delay after your particular activity then use dealy after option
or if you wants to pass delay before particular activity then use only delay before option.

DelayAfter
Delay time (in milliseconds) after executing the activity. The default amount of time is 300 milliseconds.

DelayBefore
Delay time (in milliseconds) before the activity begins performing any operations. The default amount of time is 200 milliseconds.

Delay Activity
Waits for a specified amount of time before continuing the workflow.

https://www.uipath.com/activities-guide/delay

Regards…!!
Aksh

Hi Thanks for the suggestions.

While I am using Delay with multiple robots on same server, it bringing the CPU usage to 99%.

I am trying robot to pull requests from queue and once there is nothing in queue robot is going in infinite loop until next item is available. To make sure the SQL server is not bombarded with multiple request I am using delay and that causing high CPU usage.

Is there a better way to wait? I have tried custom activity with timer and Invoke code activity using following logic, it result in same.

Dim keepChecking As Boolean = True
Dim interval As Int32
interval = 5000
Dim startTime As DateTime = DateTime.Now
While (keepChecking)
If (DateTime.Now > startTime.AddMilliseconds(interval))
keepChecking = False
End if
End While

I am running out of options, any help is appreciated.

Regards!!

Are you sure the delays are giving the CPU that high load?