Pasting Variables into Excel from Web Application

excel
activities

Hi All,

In the below picture, I assigned “AmountPosted” to an excel row called “Amount Posted” and “ConfirmationNumber” to a row called “Confirmation Number”.

In the “Excel Application Scope”, I tried using “Write Range” to display these variables but with little success.

In the below image, I am able to have my variable “CFR_Amount_From_MM” post when I assign a specific cell (G2), but when I try to have it post to the range “ConfirmationNumber” row, the excel file is comes back blank (please see picture below).

I figured since I assigned “ConfirmatioNumber” to the row “Confirmation”, it would post to that cell range…

Did you try to writeline “ConfirmatioNumber” variable value?

It should be something like :

int rowIndex = dt.Rows.IndexOf(row);

ConfirmatioNumber= “G”+ (rowIndex+2) (for Add header Checked in Read Range)

ConfirmatioNumber= “G”+ (rowIndex+1) (for Add header unchecked in Read Range)

Hi @vvaidya,

Thanks for the response. At this point I am looking to try anything, this unfortunately is not working for me.

I am unclear why my original bot is not populating into the range “Confirmation”, since I assigned it to “Confirmation” row in Excel…

Try to writeline / messagebox ConfirmatioNumber and check the output.

ConfirmatioNumber = row(“Something”) gives the row value not the cell name.

This is one way to get your excel cell name from DataTable indexes , may look a bit complicated.

CellName.xaml (8.1 KB)

@vvaidya

I am unable to open that project due to firewall restrictions on my computer :frowning:

Also, sorry but I am not following. In my example, I get that “ConfirmatioNumber” is my row, that is why I have it listed as my range in the “Write Cell” function. The value I am trying to display is variable “CRF_Num_From_MM”, and that works fine when I change the range from “ConfirmationNumber” to a specific cell (say cell “H2”).

The message box for “ConfirmationNumber” comes up blank, which I believe it should because it is a row and not a value.

Don’t worry I’m bad at explaining. I was saying this is not the way to get the Range and you cannot get the Range from DataTable

As i said above you can try below ways:

int rowIndex = dt.Rows.IndexOf(row);

ConfirmatioNumber= “G”+ (rowIndex+2).ToString (for Add header Checked in Read Range)

ConfirmatioNumber= “G”+ (rowIndex+1).ToString (for Add header unchecked in Read Range)

Or

CellName.xaml (8.1 KB)

@vvaidya

Hi, thanks but I am unable to do that either…I must be missing something from what you are explaining.

Please assign the value to rowIndex variable inside foreach loop as the rowIndex is not fixed.

Thanks for all your help! Just got it to work with help from this forum…

Awesome… @vvaidya did all the job here… thanks pal…

thanks @vvaidya!!!