Passing Multi-Line String Through Queue

Hoping someone can help me with a rather specific issue which I can’t find an answer to.

I want to grab a multi-line String value, obtained from a single cell in an Excel file, and pass it through an Orchestrator Queue to use as an input later in my process. In all my attempts, the String seems to get collapsed to a one-line string when passed through the Queue. Is there a way to get the String to hold its multi-line value when being passed or retrieved from the queue?

Ex Value just for discussion’s sake:

“Line 1
Line 2
Line 3”

When my process runs, it would output this post-queue as “Line1Line2Line3”

Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Could you show us a screenshot of the locals panel after performing the read cell activity? There is definitely a way to accomplish what you are trying to do!

@cknight5 you can use the join and split command to make these a little easier to work with (the below assumes you are OK with using a comma instead of a new line).
credits to @Yoichi

Join(split(cellText, vbLf),“,”)

1 Like

Thank you for the recommendation, this worked perfectly.

I had a feeling the answer was somewhere in substituting the NewLine value with a placeholder while I passed it through the queue. Thank you for laying it out so clearly.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.