Packages with more activity

Hi

Do packages with more activities slow down Uipath more than packages with fewer activities?

I am thinking which of the below 2 package to install as there is no merit to having excess packages.

Thank you

Hi @Anonymous2,

Can you please explain it with detail?

Regards
Balamurugan.S

Hi

AdvanceExcel only has 8 activities
BalaReva.Excel.Activities has >30 activities

I know that installing more packages will slow down Uipath even if the activity in the pack are not used.

So will BalaReva.Excel.Activities which has more activities than AdvanceExcel slow down Uipath by more?

I am not sure how things work in Uipath.

Thank you

Hi @Anonymous2,

I am not sure if you are installed more packages in the project that will slow down the UiPath when run the project. Maybe it takes time to open the project in the Studio. But one thing. I am sure. A single package will not make to slow down the UiPath. And perfectly I am saying. if you are not using any component in the project, It will never make to slow down the Uipath. Yes . The "BalaReva.Excel.Activities " is a single package. It has more than 30 components. When you using the particular component from the package, the studio will access only that specific component. Not all components. So “Anonymous”, Not only for my package, whatever the package you have installed in the project that it will not make to slow down when you run the project that the based on the components count.

Note :
Why you are installing the unused component package. I suggest you while your development. You must have to run the workflow analyzer. Check this rule.

ST-USG-010

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback @Anonymous2.