Package renaming risks

If I publish my code to Orchestrator for first time V1.0.0 and realized few changes and published another version and continued with few more versions until it is stable at v1.0.9. Now, if I decide the older versions are not going to be of any value and I decide to remove all inactive , and publish the latest version to rename as v1.0.0 again and delete the all other packages, what are the risks ?

I want this so that it doesn’t look messy with multiple versions and having the version number to basic ones at the beginning of deployment can avoid any confusion.

Will it really remove all the packages from local folders as well ?

Please let me know the risks and other options,

I can only tell you my experience of doing that with libraries. Here the robot doesn’t recognize that the package provided as the same version via orchestrator is different. So it’s not overwriting the local copy of the library to run robots.

From my point of view you should not overwrite the a package version which already exists.

1 Like

Hi @GSR

I would not recommend to overwrite old versions of the packages. This could cause problems because the orchestrator will have a higher version where as you update a lower version… I once tried this and it caused whole lot of problems until I published with a higher version number…

If you really want to get rid of old ones, I would suggest to rename the solution you are to publish and publish under a new name and create a process using that one.

3 Likes

Thank you @schwarzp.

This is a better idea. Thank you for your insights

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.