Package installation keeps failing

First of all, im brand new to UI-path and have been using it for about a month now, so bare with me.

Now:
Last week, when I opened UI Path on my work-laptop I encountered this error:

“21.10.0+Branch.master.Sha.5a7d7ca17ff690283740729e7884a6c161b22d46
The feed htps://packages.uipath.com/activities [htps://packages.uipath.com/activities] lists package ‘UiPath.System.Activities.21.4.1’ but multiple attempts to download the nupkg have failed. The feed is either invalid or required packages were removed while the current operation was in progress. Verify the package exists on the feed and try again.”

Four packages would not install (see pictures provided)
After trying to install them in “Manage packages”, Ui Path presented 250 new errors with missing packages.

Furthermore, my processes began to be labled: “Windows_Legacy”, “Local” and “VB”

I found this guide and uninstalled UIPath along with deleting the %userprofile%.nuget
When I reinstalled UI Path IT WORKED! The process ran again with no problems.

BUT THEN, a couple of days later the package failed to install again.
I followed the guide once again and installed UI Path. But now, the packges would still not install.

I did it again, and again, but i would not work.
I tried finding as many UI Path folders/files and deleted them. Nothing helps.Processing: uipath fail.docx…()

Now, im stuck again…

This was the guide i found: Package Install Failure? - #3 by lakshman

Check the original project.json and install those dependencies first, make sure the official feed is selected in the Source inside Manage Packages
OR
Try downgrading the version to see any of that works

Hi @nicolas.fangel,

Welcome to the community!

Check that your packages list in Manage Packages matches the list of packages in the “project.json” file. Install the missing ones, and check whether you can update your packages in Manage Packages. The package will have a blue arrow like the package below:

It is also worth checking that your Default package sources, found in Manage Packages > Settings, are all checked:

If you check any of these items that are unchecked, you will need to check for updates in the packages list again :smiley:

Hello William.coulson,
Thank you for the quick answer.
My “Default pacakge sources” are all checked, but the “orchestrator” is checked, but greyed out?
Furthermore, my json and packages seem to match? (Se image1)
When i try to update the packages (blue arrows), UI Path says the following:

"21.10.0+Branch.master.Sha.5a7d7ca17ff690283740729e7884a6c161b22d46

The feed ‘htps://packages.uipath.com/activities htps://packages.uipath.com/activities’ lists package ‘UiPath.UIAutomation.Activities.21.11.0-preview’ but multiple attempts to download the nupkg have failed. The feed is either invalid or required packages were removed while the current operation was in progress. Verify the package exists on the feed and try again.

Error: NuGet.Protocol.Core.Types.FatalProtocolException: The feed ‘https://packages.uipath.com/activities [https://packages.uipath.com/activities]’ lists package ‘UiPath.UIAutomation.Activities.21.11.0-preview’ but multiple attempts to download the nupkg have failed. The feed is either invalid or required packages were removed while the current operation was in progress. Verify the package exists on the feed and try again.
—> NuGet.Protocol.PackageNotFoundProtocolException: Unable to find package ‘UiPath.UIAutomation.Activities.21.11.0-preview’.
at NuGet.Protocol.FindPackagesByIdNupkgDownloader.GetNuspecReaderFromNupkgAsync(PackageIdentity identity, String url, SourceCacheContext cacheContext, ILogger logger, CancellationToken token)
at NuGet.Protocol.RemoteV2FindPackageByIdResource.GetDependencyInfoAsync(String id, NuGetVersion version, SourceCacheContext cacheContext, ILogger logger, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at NuGet.Commands.SourceRepositoryDependencyProvider.GetDependenciesCoreAsync(LibraryIdentity match, NuGetFramework targetFramework, SourceCacheContext cacheContext, ILogger logger, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at NuGet.Commands.SourceRepositoryDependencyProvider.<>c__DisplayClass21_0.<b__0>d.MoveNext()
— End of stack trace from previous location —
at NuGet.Commands.SourceRepositoryDependencyProvider.GetDependenciesAsync(LibraryIdentity libraryIdentity, NuGetFramework targetFramework, SourceCacheContext cacheContext, ILogger logger, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at NuGet.DependencyResolver.ResolverUtility.CreateGraphItemAsync(RemoteMatch match, NuGetFramework framework, SourceCacheContext cacheContext, ILogger logger, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at NuGet.DependencyResolver.ResolverUtility.FindLibraryEntryAsync(LibraryRange libraryRange, NuGetFramework framework, String runtimeIdentifier, RemoteWalkContext context, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
— End of inner exception stack trace —
at NuGet.DependencyResolver.ResolverUtility.FindLibraryEntryAsync(LibraryRange libraryRange, NuGetFramework framework, String runtimeIdentifier, RemoteWalkContext context, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at NuGet.DependencyResolver.RemoteDependencyWalker.CreateGraphNode(LibraryRange libraryRange, NuGetFramework framework, String runtimeName, RuntimeGraph runtimeGraph, Func2 predicate, GraphEdge1 outerEdge, TransitiveCentralPackageVersions transitiveCentralPackageVersions)
at NuGet.DependencyResolver.RemoteDependencyWalker.CreateGraphNode(LibraryRange libraryRange, NuGetFramework framework, String runtimeName, RuntimeGraph runtimeGraph, Func2 predicate, GraphEdge1 outerEdge, TransitiveCentralPackageVersions transitiveCentralPackageVersions)
at NuGet.DependencyResolver.RemoteDependencyWalker.WalkAsync(LibraryRange library, NuGetFramework framework, String runtimeIdentifier, RuntimeGraph runtimeGraph, Boolean recursive)
at NuGet.Commands.ProjectRestoreCommand.WalkDependenciesAsync(LibraryRange projectRange, NuGetFramework framework, String runtimeIdentifier, RuntimeGraph runtimeGraph, RemoteDependencyWalker walker, RemoteWalkContext context, CancellationToken token)
at NuGet.Commands.ProjectRestoreCommand.TryRestoreAsync(LibraryRange projectRange, IEnumerable1 frameworkRuntimePairs, NuGetv3LocalRepository userPackageFolder, IReadOnlyList1 fallbackPackageFolders, RemoteDependencyWalker remoteWalker, RemoteWalkContext context, Boolean forceRuntimeGraphCreation, CancellationToken token, TelemetryActivity telemetryActivity)
at NuGet.Commands.RestoreCommand.ExecuteRestoreAsync(NuGetv3LocalRepository userPackageFolder, IReadOnlyList1 fallbackPackageFolders, RemoteWalkContext context, CancellationToken token, TelemetryActivity telemetryActivity) at NuGet.Commands.RestoreCommand.ExecuteAsync(CancellationToken token) at UiPath.NuGet.PackageManager.InstallCore(InstallPackageCommand installCommand) at UiPath.PackageExplorer.Core.Services.PackageInstaller.InstallWithRootPackageAssemblies(InstallPackageCommand installCommand) at UiPath.Studio.Core.Services.Packaging.PackageOperationService.RestoreInternal(IPackageOperationBehavior packageOperationBehavior, IPackageOperationContext packageOperationContext, CancellationToken cancellationToken) at UiPath.Studio.Core.Services.Packaging.PackageOperationService.<>c__DisplayClass39_0.<<Restore>b__0>d.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location --- at UiPath.Studio.Core.Services.Packaging.PackageOperationService.AttemptInstall(IPackageOperationBehavior packageOperationBehavior, IPackageOperationContext packageOperationContext, CancellationToken cancellationToken) at UiPath.Studio.Core.Services.Packaging.PackageOperationUpdateService.TryExecute(IEnumerable1 packages, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at UiPath.Studio.Shell.Services.ProjectContextService.<>c__DisplayClass10_1.<b__3>d.MoveNext()
at UiPath.Studio.Shell.Services.ProjectContextService.<>c__DisplayClass10_0.<b__0>d.MoveNext()
at UiPath.Studio.App.Desktop.Windows.WindowCommandsExtensions.ExecuteWithCommandsDisabledAsync[T](ICommandManager commandManager, Func`1 func)
at UiPath.PackageExplorer.UI.ViewModels.PackageExplorerViewModel.Install(), HResult -2146233088"

Hi @nicolas.fangel,

For the error, see if this topic helps:

I suspect the Orchestrator package list being greyed out is linked to the error you are getting. If the topic doesn’t help, I would try raising a ticket with UiPath technical support (@Pablito suggests this in the topic I have linked).

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @nicolas.fangel,

I have just faced a similar packages issue when I was installing UiPath for a new user, and it came up because of the permissions for the user account. I’d recommend checking your permissions on your account

Looks like your machine is blocked from accessing myget.org

Hello William,
I have written to our Service Department and asked for permission to access myget.org. A quick browser search gives me a company blockage. I will return with their answer as soon I recieve it.

1 Like

Hello again william.coulson,

I have now been granted access to “myget.org” and this fixed the project dependencies. Thank you, all!

Unfortunately, this has revealed another package problem.
I get: “Error: ’407 Proxy Authentication Required’”

It must be a problem related to the firewall/security-protocol? (It’s wierd that this first happens now…)

Effectively, new processes/projects cannot use basic activites such as “Open Browser”. They simply does not exist. My current project can though which must be due to its cache repository?

Hi @nicolas.fangel,

Yes, I imagine your firewall/security protocol is blocking it. The issue with the other packages missing may be down to whatever you have stored in your .nuget folder, I would recommend you or your service department getting in touch with technical support to work out this issue. Apologies that I can’t help any more than that

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.