Owner of the Up-loader in Google Drive

Hi All,

I am facing issue to identify who uploaded the file in the drop folder. Is there any way I can do this?

Appreciate your input on the same…

Thanks,
Shubham

@lakshman @Lahiru.Fernando @Palaniyappan can you please help me out :slight_smile:

@ppr @sandeep13 @loginerror can you please help me out

@Shubham_Varshney
I am Not working really in Drive. But on my Android in the App unser the Option Details and activities the owner is mentioned

Sorry for the delay in response
May I know how this will be done
Cheers @Shubham_Varshney

@Shubham_Varshney

Could you please help me with screenshot of that uploaded files screen. Need to check once.

@ppr @Palaniyappan @lakshman

We are having feature in the drive to get the up-loaders name manually…

I am trying to automate the sequence…

SS:

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

1 Like

I got this fixed by the following:

1. Gsuite Suite
  2. Find Files and Folders - Result
  3. Loop through the result
  4. item.owners(0).DisplayName

This gets the uploaded owner name of the file…

Now I am stuck to make the search of the files in the particular folder in the drive… Can anyone please help me on how to navigate to the particular folder and then search for files in the folder with format .csv

@Shubham_Varshney
were you able to progress on this? Unfortunately I dont have GDrive in use but a quick look on the UiPath Docus did lead me to: Files  |  Drive API  |  Google Developers

So using GDrive API could may be an option.

Ummm I am just now stuck with navigating to the particular folder :frowning:

Can any one please help me out with this @HareeshMR @Palaniyappan @Lahiru.Fernando

to be more specific I have the following file structure

Files in my drive:

1. Clan (Excel)
  2. Clan2 (Excel)
  3. Clan3 (Excel)
  4. Clan (Folder)
    4.1 Clan (Excel)
    4.2 Clan2 (Excel)
    4.3 Clan3 (Excel)

Is there a way I can only see files in Clan folder only ?

@loginerror @Palaniyappan @ppr any clue on this guys ?

Hi,

I had yesterday some mini RnDs. Unfortunately I dont have GDrive in place, due I dont use it private and my business account is turned off. But still had a chat with one of my collegues. I comes to the same conclusion. if UiPath activities are not sufficient, the Google API (Play with the console) should help out.

Search for the ID 1234567 in the parents collection. This finds all files and folders located directly in the folder whose ID is 1234567 .
‘1234567’ in parents

I am on a longer business trip and cannot work on it more detailed, due I dont have API, keys, Credentials to GDrive. Thats why I am blocked. However what can I else do to support you, Zoom sessions and working together in the evenings?

1 Like

let me try this out and get back to you @ppr

If I get stuck I think we can do a zoom session to get this solved :slight_smile: