Output information for Set Transaction Status activity is not visible

I have following situation: I add cashout information in Output field from “Set Transaction Status” activity for all three statuses (Successful, Failed and Failed with Business Exception). But I see only the output information in the view Transactions/Item Details in the Orchestrator when status is set successful. Is this a bug or is this a wanted feature?

Right now that is by design. Should a failed transaction have output?

Yes it would be nice and very helpful for us, especially in failed case. We fill the field output in this activity in every exception handling case and want to see the output content in Item Details. I would like to know why you decided to print out the output content only in success case! Thanks for your understanding

1 Like

We thought that the output makes sense only for a succesfull transaction.
However, in 2017.1 you will have a Progress field that can be written at any time during the transaction processing.

@badita
I would suggest to allow setting of output information in case of exception as well.
It’s a own SetTransactionStatus-activitiy for each status and implementation could decide to set output information or not.
There is no need to forbid it.

Useful scenario:
We would like to set the created contract number as output information

• in case of succesful transaction → back office team could use information for review purposes
  • in case of exception (we do not delete created contract) → back office team use information in manual expection handling to search for contract and finish work

So - of course there are a lot of workarounds e.g. using kibana reports - but if back office team work with queue only in manual exception handling (and this would be helpful) it make sense to have output information in exception case as well!

And i think the Progress field feature was created for other purposes?!

1 Like

Progress was created for the purpose of setting/loging any data/information during the transaction processing.
It may be used for review too.

1 Like

I do not understand why output parameters should not be used for that case in future releases (for me e.g. a contract number is an output information in exception case as well)
but ok, Progress would be an additional workaround…

1 Like

Progress Field is better for persistent data.

However, when upgrading from 2016.1 to 2018.1 + workflows will not work (output can only be set for successful transaction error) which creates additional work, so adding it back in may be useful for that reason. Others may also have a good reason for wanting to output data that doesn’t necessarily persist to the database - for example a transaction number, current status etc…

Good thing about UiPath is we have multiple ways of doing the same thing which this allows.

RD

+1 Please make outputs available for Status failed as well!

Currently, I am struggling a lot to have any values (such as IDs, amounts etc.) that are only available throughout processing and not when loading the queue picked up and displayed in Orchestrator.

5 Likes

Second that

2 Likes

Hi I am facing the same problem when setting the status on transaction failed .any update on this please suggest how we can add output on transaction failed as well

To using the Set Transaction Progress activity ,it only show until the transaction status is not set after setting the transaction status it disappear .so how can we implement output of transaction through transaction progress activity .
@badita
Please suggest

Hello UiPath Team

The output field should be available in case of Transaction Exception/failure, otherwise we have to take the risk and use excel for updating transaction data after processing transactions one by one. In my case, The transaction will be used to process many applications … if the exception occurred in one application and the transaction is marked as exception, it is not mean that I will loose my output from processing the other successful applications!!!

Thank you for your support.

2 Likes

Any update on this?? How are we setting the output or any details for the failed cases at set transactions? Appreciate your help on this.

1 Like

Hi, any solution on this .?
Please help…!

If there is an error, I would expect a field that stores values just like output field does. So that any values scraped for the transaction is not missed and it will be stored just like key value pairs.

@loginerror @Pablito

@Nithinkrishna

2 Likes

For now, the solution is to go with details option in the transaction item.

But having something similar to output for failed transactions is way better I believe.

#nK

1 Like

I too faced this issue. I have solved this problem by adding the output information in the Exception message itself.

Is there any solution for this issue?

In my scenario, there are four fields from 4 different flow I need to update in output.
In some cases, transaction may go in business exception in 4th flow. In that case, I need first 3 fields values in output of transaction item.

How to achieve this?

Hey @vigneshnkv

Output property of Set Transaction activity can be used only for Success items.

You can use Details property for Exception items.

Thanks
#nK

Hello all,

We can use a workaround for this, in case of a failed transaction you can set a transaction status to ‘Successful’ and passing the output parameters and then setting it to Failed, or throw the exception.

Hope this helps

1 Like