Outlook email - image and text error

Hi,

I am trying to send an email from send outlook email activity, I did the following:

1. Extracted my email and saved it in HTML format
  2. Used send outlook activity to send the email and also check the body HTML checkbox

If you see the screen shot below I am encountering 2 errors:

1. There are some question marks appearing within the body of the email, mainly where there are apostrophes
  2. My email signature Image is not showing

Any help is greatly appreciated

3 Likes

@Ashish_Mehra
Can you share your html file?

1. It looks like your apostrophe characters might be smart quotes which can’t always be displayed correctly by various applications.

2. If the body is html then it will include a link to your signature image. You need to know where that is saved and pass the full image path to the html document so it knows where to look for the image.

@DanielMitchell thanks for replying I solved the first one, it seems it was a encoding error where I chaged my encoding to UTF-8 and it solved the same.

For the second one can you elaborate, following is the extract for the image from my html file:

</v:shapetype><v:shape id=“Picture_x0020_2” o:spid=“_x0000_i1025” type=“#_x0000_t75
alt=“cid:image003.png@01D4F47A.5F3D0910” style=‘width:49.5pt;height:66pt’>
<v:imagedata src=“email%20format%202%20-%20Email%20HR%20-%20employee%20with%20diff%20in%20states_files/image001.png”
o:href=“cid:image001.png@01D53CC3.44208990”/>
</v:shape><![endif]–><![if !vml]>cid:image003.png@01D4F47A.5F3D0910

What do I need to change in this , as it already contains the image source

@Ashish_Mehra
What options do you have if you right-click on the image placeholder?

@DanielMitchell I was able to solve the same by inputting the path within the html file.

Thank you for your help

1 Like

@DanielMitchell Could you also help me on how I should pass a variable which is dynamic within an HTML email body using send outlook message ?

I am having a hard time as format.string(HTML template, variablename) is not working for the same

@Ashish_Mehra

What we do when we need to put a variable into an outlook email is write the template file with the name of the variable already in it. Then do htmlText.Replace("myVar",myVar) (note the quotes on the first one, not the second one). This replaces the dummy string “myVar” with the value in variable myVar.

Could you please give me an example, like I want to send the following email body:

Hello HR Team:

We recently processed an “Onboarding Setup for Hire” task for namevariable and noticed the following:

• EE’s current home location in Workday: locationvariable

Now the above body I have extracted from outlook in html format (template), and I have the variable stored within name variable and location variable within the workflow

how can I send the above body inculcating the dynamic variable in my html file. Could you send an example. Thanks

1 Like

Store the template as “template.html” or whatever you want to call it. Leave namevariable and locationvariable in like you have above. Use Read Text to get the contents of the file into a string variable. Let’s say it’s called templateText. Then, in your Send Outlook Mail activity you put templateText.Replace("namevariable",namevariable).Replace("locationvariable",locationvariable). This will take the text contents of the html template and replace your placeholders with their corresponding variable values.

1 Like

Thanks a lot @DanielMitchell worked perfectly !!!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.