Outlook Calendar Activities

Im getting an error when im using the Send outlook meeting request for this activity.

is anyone getting the same and how did you guys get through it… here’s the error im getting. (i cant upload yet as it says im a new user) :slight_smile:

RemoteException wrapping System.Exception: ERROR: Failed to send meeting request: The object does not support this method.
at UiPathTeam.OutlookCalendar.Activities.SendOutlookMeetingRequest.Execute(CodeActivityContext context)
at System.Activities.CodeActivity.InternalExecute(ActivityInstance instance, ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)
at System.Activities.ActivityInstance.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)
at System.Activities.Runtime.ActivityExecutor.ExecuteActivityWorkItem.ExecuteBody(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager, Location resultLocation)

@Shreya thanks for the help :slight_smile:

It seems as though some object you have passed into the activity is not supported by it. It seems it’s a matter of isolating what variable or object is causing the problem. Try just sending a mail message first and see if you are getting the same error. If you are, it’s caused by some object you are passing into the activity that is not compatible with that activity. Hopefully that helps in trouble isolation.

Hi @Heathersmithx ,

Thank you for the reply. I did the email test and it does work fine. im having trouble isolating as i am passing basic strings. heres an image on the properties.

Capture

im wracking my brains to figure out what went wrong

1 Like

Hi @jundp,

Here is the custom activity and check the

There is Resouces tab. Check the document…

Regards
Balamurugan.S

@jundp You can’t send a meeting request to yourself. i.e. the Required being the same as the account. This is because Outlook, by making the request, is already putting it on your Calendar. Also, if that is your account, I erroneously sent a calendar invite. Sorry.

You’ll need an Account and a Required (To) that are different to test this.

Hi @sagacity,

Apologies. the image I pasted there was to show how info was formatted into the properties field. the account and recipients are both actual emails but I cannot show both for privacy reasons. so the email there is a dummy placeholder. it really is just for me to show the format I used.

no worries on the calendar invite you sent as the my@outlookemail.com is not a active email :slight_smile:

@jundp Apolgies. I derived the wrong thing from my test - you can actually do that. Here’s how I reproduced:

Look at you end and start times. I did the same thing, b/c they put end time FIRST. You’re trying to create an event that ends before it starts.

@sagacity

OMG… I feel so stupid… I didn’t notice that they asked for end first before start…

WORKING!!!

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.