Resolution when Outlook activity needs Outlook credentials .
Issue Description: Outlook activities prompt for credentials when process is executed.
Possible Root Causes:
- Outlook is configured to prompt you for credentials
- Incorrect password cached in credential storage
- Required Authentication Settings for outgoing server and incoming server
- Outlook Anywhere is not configured to use NTLM Authentication
- Corrupt Outlook profile
- Slow or unstable network connection
- Antivirus programs
- Shared calendars
If using an Exchange account, there is a setting in the Outlook profile to always prompt for logon credentials. To find the setting, please follow:
- In Outlook 213, go to File tab > Info > Account Settings > Account Settings…
- Highlight your Exchange account and click Change button.
- Click on More Settings button.
- Select the Security tab.
- Under the User Identification, make sure the “Always prompt for logon credentials” option is not selected.
If using other types of email, make sure to tick the option “Remember password”.
External reference: Fix Constant Sign In Prompt For Office .
- Another alternative would be to open the outlook application on the beginning of the process and keep the Outlook open for all transactions and close the Outlook applications at the end of the process and check.
- Also, handle the popup of the Outlook, using attach window for the popup and trying to provide the credential's every time.