Orchestrator with MFA and VPNS

Hi all, wondering if the group mind can help please.

We are upgrading our Robot Infrastructure, we have Virtual Machines that need MFA access via the VPN. How can you initiate an unattended run from orchestrator when the machine is not connected due to the VPN being offline. We can get things to work in Attended mode, but cannot see how we can set an unattended run to work, if we cant trigger the processes to run.

To calrify
I was able to successfully use the UiPath activity to produce an MFA code which can be used to log in to the VPN.

Bad news - the above only worked because I ran the process attended from the machine itself. I discovered that for the machine to be connected to UiPath orchestrator the VPN needs to be online. This presents an issue for unattended runs. How can you initiate an unattended run from orchestrator when the machine is not connected due to the VPN being offline. And you need to run the process on the machine to get the VPN online. So it is kind of a catch 22.

Note: we are currently running an on-prem solution, part of the change will see us move to Cloud Orchestrator, so this may go away as part of that issue - but unsure as of yet

@alabastj

Please check this…I hope this would help

Cheers

Thanks but moving to UiPaths Automation Cloud robots is not an option for us, so trying to work through the MFA solution