Orchestrator REST API call with xml inputs

Hi fellow Uipathians,

I have recently been exploring REST api calls within uipath, looking to upload items to a queue which is now successfull. Thanks to some hints and help from my previous post Getting activity Context for Argument.set method - #6 by andrzej.kniola.

In any case my scope has now expanded, we are looking to get some, essentially, real time stats from the orchestrator. We can do this through robot rest api calls but this removes a robot from our list of available ones.

I would like to do direct api calls through vba in excel but i’m wondering if the api will accept xml body calls? I can see all of the requests written as json. (we currently don’t have the capacity to add the vba-json plugin for excel)

Thanks for the help.

1 Like

bump… just looking to know if the Orchestrator API accepts XML inputs.

1 Like

bump number two… looking through the documentation it seems like this only accepts json inputs but i would like confirmation of this before investigating alternative methods.

thanks

I would also be keen to find an answer to this.

Hi all,

If anyone comes across this in a few months time or whatever and would like to know the answer the answer is no.

to do this you must use msxml2.serverxmlhttp and set the header “content-type” to be “application/json”

From there most requests are fairly simple.

Thanks

Hi @jakelewis18 : Hi, Could you please let me know your suggestions or steps for the below request?

1. I am going to receive the Input request in term of REST API
  2. I need to monitor for the request to arriave than
  3. I need to extract values and save it to Excel
  4. And from here I will do my automation with CRM

Can you share your experience for first 3 steps?How to achieve it with Studio?

Hi, I’ve only dealt with Input requests using the REST API. As a note all of orchestrators API’s only accept JSON formats so you must format any requests in that format.

For your problem you may want to have the input going into an orchestrator queue. you can then have a robot pull the information from that queue item and automate from there.

Thanks

Thanks!
But my questin will be here,

1. How we an achieve this without the orchestrator , I want to handle and automate this request for my Studio/Front office bots.? Your suggestions.?
  2. So, We need to ask the input in Json object formmt? in text file may be…

Hi,

I’ve only dealt with REST API requests for the orchestrator so I wouldn’t be able to help with external requests I’m afraid.

Thanks

@ovi @vvaidya Can you share your suggestions on this queires?