Orchestrator on AWS

Is it possible to install Orchestrator on AWS ?
If yes then from where we can get the installation guide for same.

1 Like

Hi,

It is possible to install Orchestrator on AWS, and AFAIK there is only one deviation from an on-premise setup: the use of RDS SQL Server.
As a result, there are no dedicated setup guidelines and you can still refer to the online guidelines:

Best regards,

Quentin

Hi qbrandon,

I have install Orchestrator on EC2 instances and using the AWS Best practices architecture, Im able to see the Orchestrator website from public machine.

But im not able to have the robot connecting to the Orchestrator, and i faces an issue like the following:
System.ServiceModel.FaultException`1[System.ServiceModel.ExceptionDetail]: An error occurred while sending the request. (Fault Detail is equal to An ExceptionDetail, likely created by IncludeExceptionDetailInFaults=true, whose value is:
System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: An error occurred while sending the request. ----> System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ----> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it xx.xx.xx.xx:8080
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.InternalEndConnect(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.EndConnect(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Exception& exception)
— End of inner ExceptionDetail stack trace —
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetRequestStream(IAsyncResult asyncResult, TransportContext& context)
at System.Net.Http.HttpClientHandler.GetRequestStreamCallback(IAsyncResult ar)
— End of inner ExceptionDetail stack tra…).

The set up that we have :

1. EC2(Orchestrator but in http protocol no ssl certificate stored)
  2. ELB (https, stores the ssl cert)

the above error occurs at ELB.

What architecture do UiPath recommends when the platform is AWS.

Did you found any solution regarding this setup which you had installed on AWS.

HI vinay552,

Yes we manage to work things out and the website is now successfully running.

Hi ehlaumarc,

Could you please explain in detail how to install this setup through the licensed orchestrator and robots from uipath team.

Hi Marc,

I am facing same error. Unattended robots can’t connect to Orchestartor on EC2 AWS. Can you suggest what fix did you make?

Hi @Chirag_Halani,

There are a number of things that could be preventing your Robot EC2 instances from communicating back with Orchestrator EC2 instance. May I suggest opening a new thread, this will help to keep the context of your specific on topic and address the issue at hand. Detail your infrastructure setup and the errors you are seeing for both UiPath and AWS as it could be a configuration issue with either of them.

If you PM me new thread, I’d be happy to review and respond back.

Cheers,
Tim

Hi All,

Encountering the same issue now. I can’t connect my Robot to an Orchestrator housed in EC2. Any solution on this?

Thanks,
Ven

Robot to Orchestrator only require TCP443 have you created security group rules to allow traffic destined to Orchestrator server?

Please find attached. These are 443 rules that I have in my Sec Group inbound

As in my last post, I would really recommend opening your own MVCE thread as your situation can and probably is different from other users.

@amnuay answer is correct, but there are several places that you might be being blocked and without specific details on your situation, no one can provide you with a solution that is not a guess.

Some thoughts of things to review can be found here

170.251.192.190/32 seems to be very specific. from Acc… (Dont want to expose your entity) Please make sure your robot will always translated to that specific IP.

However it should be already preceded with 0.0.0.0/0 which allow all hosts to connect to it.

You can do packet capture to see if robot from 170.251.192.190 actually reach your orchestrator server.

@codemonkee thank you

Hi Chirag, sorry was away for sometime? did you resolve the issue ?

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.