I have few queries on fail over mechanism of orchestrator. consider the below environment setup.
- around 10 attended robots licensed with concurrent user type connected to the orchestrator.
- orchestrator deployed on-premises server.
- Licenses are managed through orchestrator(as usual).
- latest version of orchestrator and studio is used.
- process/nupkg are developed to get the assets from a local source when orchestrator assets are not available.
- transaction items are stored in files not in orchestrator queue.
while a process/nupkg is running on a robot,particular robot disconnected from orchestrator due some internal issue. what happens to the current running process? will it continue ?
(assume that robot not fetching any assets and transaction item from orchestrator)
If orchestrator is down, robots couldn’t connect to the orchestrator. then, what happens to the license which is allotted to a robot ? is that robot still licensed to run a standalone process / nupkg file ?
if Orcestrator is down, is that process packages which is allotted/ deployed from orchestrator will be available in robot tray ? If yes, could we run a process in a particular robot without connecting to orchestrator ?
Thanks & regrds,